Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Kodi, if I play a video the screen stay black and no picture. The sound working and I hear the sound playing but no video.

I have tryed the next steps:

Install diffrent versions of Kodi (not working)
Reset the cache (not working)
Delete and installed a new fresh Kodi (not working)
Change the acceleration (turn on and off allow hardware acceleration amcodec & mediacodec) (not working)
Tryed to set the settings from the box to 50hz and 60hz or turn the resolution (not working)
Factory reset of the box (not working)

If I turn all three off in Kodi amcodec, libstagefright and mediacodec I have picture but this one is moving very slow and the subtitles and sound is much more faster then the picture so this isn't working also.

The box was working well until I have installed the update for my box, I can not go back to the old version (this one I don't have) I also don't know if this is realy the firmware problem or Kodi himself. Only thing I know that I want to have fix this A.S.A.P.

Is there someone that have a working sollution to fix this problem??
Thanks allot

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Looks like you've tried everything I would have suggested.
I have this box and unfortunately getting kodi 16. and above to work is a nightmare.

I've got the same box but with a Linux version of xbmc(12.2) and it's a bit dated. So much so do I spend hours and hours looking to update or just buy a better and more upto date box.
Well ive now got a T8 mini and boy it runs smoothly, and fast.
Well worth it.

Last edited:

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Kodi 16.1 works fine by me until I updated the firmware so its works with no problems. Now I have new firmware uts a nightmare.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Its like I say hole time (also in the other topics) its firmware related!! I have tryed a diffrent firmware on a diffrent site and picture works. I have installed Kodi 16 and running and sound and picture. There is something wrong on the firmware here, its to much with apps etc u don't need on the box and maybe settings are wrong. I downloaded the firmware I have now installed, its a clean install without pre-installed anny apps or xbmc or kodi and works good until now.

So maybe take al look to the firmware here??