Robert Williams

Apr 26, 2016
I have a T8 v2. Not used it for a long while, switch on, Droidbox boot screen but followed by text Kodi Fail to boot screen. Hard reboot also fails.
I’ve seen similar threads, but don’t give any further. Page 404 error on potentially the best.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which model is it exactly?
DroidBOX supplied?
T8-S Plus v2?
T8-S (the original one with Android 4.4)? T8?

As you've posted in the iMXQpro v2 section, you might not get as many people reading this topic.

The exact model will alter the best advice, some procedures might be worth a try, however on the wrong box they could permanently brick it. Have a check for emails from around the time you purchased it and let us know the exact model name user on the invoice etc.

Robert Williams

Apr 26, 2016
Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. The T8 was bought from Droidbox in May 2015. Below is the detail from that email..
Products: 54950847364083 - DroidBOX T8 with VIP Mini Keyboard Quad Core CPU 2GHz, 2Gb Ram, 8GB Rom x 1 111.99 GBP each 100005 - DroidBOX VIPRemote 3 in 1 Mini Keyboard x 1 0.00 GBP each

I've now found / remembered the reset procedure, but sadly get me back to the same Kodi screen. Factory reset delivers the same screen.

Cheers, Bob

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you're getting Kodi each time, it sounds like you may have OpenELEC on there somehow. Can you remember the last firmware you flashed it to?
Just to double check it isn't a T8-S somehow, when you're in the recovery screen, can you see a reference to switching between two operating systems?
I've moved this to the T8 forum for now, in case it gets more attention from other T8 owners.

If it wasn't for it sounding like Android isn't the only operating system, I'd suggest https://droidboxforums.com/threads/t8-droidbox-firmware.9763/ , but perhaps hold fire on it until we double check the last firmware that was applied to the device.
If we get to the point where you flash that file and it doesn't help, there is the recovery firmware for T8 devices at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/droidbox-t8-firmware-recovery/ . I've checked the DL links in both posts and they seem to be OK.
Good luck, let us know the last fw that was flashed, and hopefully the device will work again.

Robert Williams

Apr 26, 2016
EF583FBA-1341-42BE-B1B9-1A014FF2FF0B.jpeg

...sorry about image size, I've cropped it but still big

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
From the date and lack of other operating systems being mentioned, I think it is a T8 firmware on there, and trying the recovery firmware from above would be worth a shot. HOWEVER, I'm not staff and can't offer any guarantees or help if it bricks the device. Might be worth emailing [email protected] to see if they agree.

Reactions: Robert Williams