bobberbiker

Oct 5, 2014
not sure what model i have but first xbmc menu txt vanished so i couldnt not see what im clicking, tried updating, reseting etc...nothing worked ended up every time i click xbmc it takes me back to the homepage. i tried factory reset and now the box wont load up at all its stuck at the turning on screen

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Did you try a factory reset via the Android Recovery Menu (you'd have held down a physical switch if so) or via Android's settings menu?
To check which device you have, check https://droidbox.co.uk/choose-your-droidbox.html . Before continuing, please make sure you defintely have a DroidBOX device. We do sometimes get visitors who purchased a Droibox (no second D) or other Android device, and I'd not want to give bad advice if your model doesn't behave in the same way as ours. Check your Amazon or eBay records for the purchase. If xbmcgadgetshub is the listed seller, you have a DroidBOX device, similarly, if you purchased from us directly, via our website, continue with the steps outlined below. If you're in any doubt, let us know your purchase details first.

Once you know which DroidBOX device you have, visit this blog post to see where your reset switch is - How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu. Follow the steps there, and when you see the recovery menu, select Wipe data/Factory reset, and confirm you're certain. Once it has completed, reboot, go through any set up screens presented, then once you're at the launcher's homescreen, please don't click on anything or reboot for 20 minutes.
At this point, you'll have a DroidBOX device that behaves as though you've just purchased it. Open XBMC and run the DroidBOX Wizard. One thing to note, with the latest updates from the DroidBOX Wizard, please DO NOT EXIT XBMC after the device-specific pack has been downloaded, extracted and installed. Instead, remove the power lead from your DroidBOX device, wait a moment, then boot up again.

bobberbiker

Oct 5, 2014
hi its a I6 box i did try the reset i held a paper clip in it then turned it on...the menu did come up but none of the options worked it still wont load up.

i did do the wipe then it took me back to main menu, i clicked reboot...and it froze on the load up page again

bobberbiker

Oct 5, 2014
tried to wipe it again...it said done...and took me back to master menu i had no prompts other than to click ok once. i waited 20 mins then click reboot...but still wont load past the 1st turn on screen

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
presumably an iMX6?
Anyway, if you've attempted a Factory Reset via the Recovery Menu, and the device still isn't working, the next step is a firmware flash. If you'd like to get this sorted quickly, send us an e-mail ( [email protected] ) with your original order ID (a very long number from Amazon or eBay) and the account name you use with Amazon/eBay, or if you ordered directly from us, the e-mail address you used and the six digit order ID. We can send you details for the firmware flash - if your device is an iMX6, you'll need an SD card (or mini/micro SD card with an adapter).
If you don't feel comfortable carrying this out, again, send us an e-mail explaining that, and we'll send the details you need to return the device to us. We'll then carry out the repair (if possible) or replace the device in our office.

bobberbiker

Oct 5, 2014
im not sure who i bought it from it was on ebay a while ago, why would it not work though after doing a factory reset surely that should of fixed it?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you purchased it from us, we can sort it one way or another. If you purchased it from someone else, they'll need to provide advice. We've had some eBay and Amazon sellers use our name for their own products, and as they don't use the same firmware, we can't always tell what has gone wrong.
Check your eBay or e-mail records for the info I mentioned we need, and let us know when you get a moment.
As to why any device may not work, even after a factory reset, it is possible that some data (that survives a factory reset) has become corrupted, and so a firmware flash may be required.