Lenny19

Apr 5, 2020
hi,
Just bought an x96 max. I wish to use it instead of my amazon fire stick for IPTV and Netflix but every time I load either Smarters (the iptv app) or Netflix the router suddenly loses the internet connection. The light goes from green to flashing yellow, (internet on router) and the connection fails, starts up again and then crashes again. The same apps work perfectly well on the fire stick over the same connection. I have tried the x96 wireless and wired. No difference. I have tried connecting via a wireless access point but again it makes no difference. My conclusion is it is a combination of the x96 and the specific router (sky broadband d-link)

Is there anything I can try with the x96 box? There are very little options left with the router.

Thanks

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I have not seen this issue before. Can you try opening YouTube and play any of the videos. Does this happen when playing from there? If so, could you open the browser app and try visiting a website such as bbc.co.uk, does it happen then?

Lenny19

Apr 5, 2020
The YouTube website and the bbc site runs dead slow but doesn’t cut the connection. But I have just done a speed test via the google page and it shows 0.23 download! The router shows 9.8mb and my phone shows between 7 and 9. So the box seems to be the only thing in the house that is desperately slow. I guess I need to get the speed issue sorted first. So is there anything I can update on the box or could it be faulty?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
The google page for speedtest will give incorrect speed results. Could you please download the Speedtest app from the Google Play Store and try that.

Lenny19

Apr 5, 2020
I’ve loaded the app now and run a number of speed tests. The internet seems to be very slow in the house anyway at the moment. My phone (using the same app) shows a speed of between 5mb and 6.5 but the app on the box shows between 0.9 and 2.3 at the most. It does seem very slow on the box compared to all other connections I have tried. Laptop and Xbox play content fine but the x96 still seems dreadfully slow. I have changed service providers today and getting a faster connection at the end of the month. I will get a new router too so that might solve the problem.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Thanks for the update. Please let us know when you can test it on the new provider and if there still any issues please reply here or you can email us at [email protected] with your order number or full name and post code so we can locate your details. Thanks.