james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
Hi, this is only something i have noticed since the latest software update, although i dont know for sure its that as it could be a bug elsewhere.

It happens a lot when i run the latest version of showbox although has happened when running kodi as well.

Basically i will be in ther middle of doing something in showbox and thre box just reboots, sometimes when it reboots it goes to this strange blue type screen thats just still and you can move the mouse or do anything, i then have to reboot again and its normally fine then.

Any ideas?

James

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, have you tried a reboot to factory settings with the toothpick method? Also have you installed droidbox games marketplace as this has a bug that give that blue island screen?

Reactions: 8bitDev and ChrisM

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
Hi, i reset the box using the pin method, the box is still randomly rebooting though, just when i am in the middle of something it reboots.

I have only noticed it do this since the last software update but dont know if that is the cause in any way.

any ideas?

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I used to have this problem with my original firmware and the subsequent update after I bought the box in Jan '17. After the below update, the problem of rebooting has gone completely.

OTA Update 1.0.9 dt 11-03-2017 with kodi 17
LMY47V.20170310 test-keys

Now I am using the beta version of LibreELEC 8.0.1 with Kodi 17.1 and there is no looking back. This version is very good and stable compared to the Android versions of DBMC and Kodi 16.1 and 17.1.

If you are using this box only for Kodi, then I recommend you to go for the LibreELEC 8.0.1. My two cents worth of advice.

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
i am using the latest that only come out around a month or so ago.

i mainly use my box with showbox

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
If you are using the Showbox.apk with the android, you need to boot into Android.

To avoid the android rebooting problems, you can also use Showbox as an addon with Kodi within LibreELEC. Here is the link below how to install Showbox in Kodi as an addon.

http://www.showboxappz.com/install-showbox-add-kodi/

The only shortcoming? It’s not as good as the ShowBox app for Android. The interface was a major bonus to the app, and without it, ShowBox add on is mostly a library of movie and TV show titles organised with genre and chronology. But it is still the best one around! Enjoy! (Quoted from above link).

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
Hi, unfortunately i no longer have my order ID and still cannot get my unit to randomly stop rebooting.

It doesn’t do it a huge amount which makes it a little better but enough to annoy me.

I couldn't help but feel like it had something to do with the last OTA update but cannoy say for certain as it make have just been bad timing? my other thought it the box is shorting out sometimes which causes the reboot?

Would the software cause a reboot or is it likely to be a hardware fault?

Also, i am happy keeping my box if i knew a software update would fix it but at the moment i am thinking about getting a new box, will the v1 box ever be getting any new OTA update or has it been withdrawn now due to its age?

Also, when i bought my box i also bought the VIP air remote, would this work with a box from another manufacturer? i was looking at the Entertainment Box T8 V TV box Version 5, would the remote work with this?

Regards

James

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We can locate your order with the address it was delivered to, don't worry.

The T8-S Plus v1 will still receive OTA updates, as far as I know. Sometimes it can take longer for one specific model, if the firmware doesn't pass internal testing.

The VIP remote should work on their box, but we don't have one of theirs to specifically test with.