DOUG COOPER

Dec 5, 2014
Hi I have a new new Beelink GT King (a few days old bought from Droix )problem picture kept clicking on and off and I had to put the box on a very low resolution ( 1080 - 60 htz ) to stop it ,the tv is a Toshiba capable of 4K playback .changing the hdmi lead to a high quality lead sorted that problem and now the box plays well with the resolution set at 4k2k - 60 htz my problem is from day one the box always switches itself back on within seconds if I don't switch it off at the mains .anyone got any ideas please on how to sort this. I can't get used to the air remote mouse and have gone back to an ordinary mouse any tips on how to use it ,I presume it came already set up as it did not come with any instruction and have never used one before.

DOUG

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
It sounds like the HDMI CEC is switching the device back on when you are using the TV. If you go to Settings -> Droid Settings -> HDMI CEC and then switch off CEC Switch, it should then stop it switching back on. I hope that resolves the issue.

DOUG COOPER

Dec 5, 2014
Hi Dave thanks for your answer to my earlier problem ,I have done as you suggested and switched off the HDMI CEC OPTION and it does seem to be working . thank you
DOUG

Reactions: Dave C

demonscythe

Oct 1, 2021
Hi there. I'm having a similar issue. My box is connected to my Samsung 4K TV via HDMI and it switches itself on whenever the TV is turned on. How do I stop this? I have tried disabling the CEC option in droid settings, but it's made no difference.

Dazbon

Apr 3, 2021
Hi there. I'm having a similar issue. My box is connected to my Samsung 4K TV via HDMI and it switches itself on whenever the TV is turned on. How do I stop this? I have tried disabling the CEC option in droid settings, but it's made no difference.
Hi, have the same problem with Samsung TV 4K model & narrowed it down to possible TV smart hub where everything plugs in to. Have also disabled CEC etc. It appears to occur if TV turned on & on changing source from Beelink notice green LED on.