Ligo

Aug 10, 2016
Hello
My T8 Mini box turns off every time I switch between sources on my TV.
The blue light stays on but the clock goes off and box has to be turned off and back on
Have I inadvertently altered anything in my settings?
Would be grateful for any advise to rectify this
Many thanks

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you try this please:
Settings (Android homescreen, one or two cogs)
Look for an icon that mentions CEC and click it
Disable the function (if enabled right now).
Reboot.

If there isn't a CEC option, or it is off already, or turning it off doesn't help, can you try (temporarily) blocking the front of your T8 Mini with something sturdy and not see-through). Switch sources on your TV. If the DroidBOX is still on, there is something in the TV's Source Selection infrared command that the Mini doesn't like. If this is the case, I think the only option would be to be really careful that the TV's remote control (when using the Input/Source Selection button) doesn't point at the Mini.

Ligo

Aug 10, 2016
The CEC was already disabled, I have blocked the front of the T8 mini but changing the source back to the HDMI source after switching back from being on TV still turns off the clock for a while on the mini but the blue led stays on. the TV screen says "no signal" untill the T8 Mini is rebooted.
Would it be worth a reset to factory settings, can I do this?
Thanks

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, I saw this somewhere but can't think where, about box keeps powering off when switching HDMI mode on your tv in Android 6.

The fix for this was to turn on HDMI CEC in your settings, try turning it on to see if that works.

Last edited:

Ligo

Aug 10, 2016
Angela that seems to have done the trick.... many many thanks
Thanks also to ChrisM
This is the first time on this forum and I'm impressed,
Thanks again

Reactions: angela

Ligo

Aug 10, 2016
Just one more problem while I am here if I may
I have uninstalled the media centre (long story why)
Can someone please send me a step by step guide for reinstalling it on my T8 Mini
Thank you