kel

Jan 27, 2016
I was just wondering if anyone could help me, i have bricked my box trying to install openelec on it, is there anyway i could get it working again?? The light on but just nothing working

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
You didn't mention the make but presume is gbox midnight? Have a look maybe help you out
Code:
http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1245

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
I was just wondering if anyone could help me, i have bricked my box trying to install openelec on it, is there anyway i could get it working again?? The light on but just nothing working
Try to factory reset your device by following the below video:

kel

Jan 27, 2016
You didn't mention the make but presume is gbox midnight? Have a look maybe help you out
Code:
http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1245

Its a mx2 box i have tried the reset option with the toothpick but nothing happens

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi

Once firmware installed there is no reverting back by doing factory reset.Factory reset will just restore default latest firmware.

Real solution is to flash original firmware to your box!

Regards

kel

Jan 27, 2016
Hi

Once firmware installed there is no reverting back by doing factory reset.Factory reset will just restore default latest firmware.

Real solution is to flash original firmware to your box!

Regards
Hi can u please tell me how to flash it back to original firmware

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i would give openelec another go, look for another firmware and put at the root of an sd card, then use the toothpick and boot to the recovery screen, clear data then install the three files from the sd card

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
OpenELEC runs Kodi 15 (Isengard) which is now discontinued. You'd be better off trying to get LibraELEC which runs 16.1 and 17.1
Kodi 15 (Isnegard) discontinued? Not sure who your getting this misinformation from but I have been maintaining a 15.2 build for a while now. All addons working in there and is now in ares wizard for older devices that cannot upgrade. Don't believe all the hype!!

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
OpenELEC is discontinued I am referring to. There are no further updates from kodi 15.

So my suggestion is don't install OpenELEC, install LibraELEC.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
It was built on openelec 15.2 and the system still works, some users still run o e 6 as did a whole bunch of droidbox users up until a few months ago.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I'm aware of that, but all I'm saying is that if you were to choose between the two, LibraELEC would be the better choice if the box would support it.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
These mx boxes mostly use the same chips or a variation of close to the same. Disposable China boxes, BUT don't get me wrong there a good little box!

They are fairly easy to work with and work on and even to fix when you brick them! You need a male to male usb cable, don't worry about it you don't have one you say,

Ok find 2 usb cables lying around they must be regular data usb cables not charging usb, charging usb only has power not data
Ok carefully strip just the outside shell a very gentle knife cut all the way around it be very careful not to cut the inside wires or there cover
Now strip the tip of each wire
Now just match color to color some cables have one color different like white to yellow etc don't worry all the rest match and your just left with those wires so it's easy to tell
Now for a good job solder the connections then electric tape the ends now put heat shrink tube over it i prefer the heat shrink tubing with silicone into it nicer than the regular plus you can form a nice round tip on the end if you slide it on after wards but I recommend putting the tubing on before you connect the two wires and make sure it's a little bigger so it can slip over the wires
You must make sure that you keep the cord very short or it won't work just enough to go from the pc to the box and allow the box to sit next to the pc or laptop!!!!

Now get the burning tool i am not sure of the links look under my post i made my first brick make sure it's the latest version of the software

Now get the latest version of the firmware update libreelec or the normal android must be the correct format and file if it's not a single file or has multiple files it's wrong you will need to unzip it so make a folder for it

Now start the burning tool it's Japanese the second tab switch to English now first tab load the firmware update from the folder, when it's loaded hit start don't mess with the options

Now plug the cable into the pc and your box you should hear the sound of the pc detected something like when you insert mem cards etc don't worry about anything but the program as long as the program picked up the drive and started the process everything is fine it should take 5 10 minutes

When done don't hit stop unplug the box then hit stop and shut down the program

If the box wasn't detected by the pc try the reset button a few times you don't want to open the box if you don't have to it has a sensitive wire from the board to the lid that will kill the remote control if you break it I broke mine and soldering it back on didn't work

Plus the electronics are very delicate and shorting the pins is very very dangerous if you don't know electronics

Reactions: sean99

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
But be careful most libreelec os is a dual boot system made to run off a sd card beats me how but I found the forum after i bricked my mxq trying to make it libreelec I have yet to find libreelec that's a flash even the one above has a complicated steps to get it it's best to stay with the same system until you learn a lot more about boxes I have learned my lesson and don't plan on screwing around

But there are members who are software etc I'm just a tech I don't know or mess with much in those areas i have always just loaded and programed crap the rest was up to other people lol