katineko

Jul 14, 2020
Hello,

So I recently got a Retro game 350, and when I first turn it on, all emulators were there except Mame4All. I downloaded the opk file for that, which id titled: mame4all-params-5-skipwarnings.opk. I put it in the external SD card under APPS folder. When I put my card bsck into the Retro game, Mame4all was there. I got Mame4All and Mame4All ux. Next, I added my ROM, which has a parent/child component I believe, Bubble Symphony. I don't know the romset for this but it is called Bubble Symphony (Ver 2.5A 1994/10/05) rom for MAME 0.139u1 ( MAME4droid). I believe there is one called Bubble Symphony ( bootleg with OKI6295) as well. Anyway, my parent/child zip files, bubblem.zip and bubsympe.zip- I do not know which is which, I put in the external sdcard>Mame4all>media>sdcard>ROMS>MAME>Bubble Symphony>zip files are here. This is the path I created for Mame4All. I know there is something wrong somewhere. I don't know how to refresh the games menu in Mame4All either. I also have XMame. XMame provides a large list of supported games in red including Bubble Symphony US,Japan,and Europe versions, but they don't run when selected. I have played around with FBA as well. I thought about moving the game into internal storage, but am hesitant to try much else. If anyone could assist me with this, I will appreciate it. Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Hello,
I thought about moving the game into internal storage, but am hesitant to try much else. If anyone could assist me with this, I will appreciate it. Thanks in advance for the help!
This would be the way to go. xMame is hard-coded to look at the internal SD card for the game titles.
We've had a similar discussion on the forum in the past here: https://droidboxforums.com/threads/mame-roms-on-rg350.18140/
Post of interest:
Highlight the XMAME icon and press SELECT, there is an option to read the manual for it. All the information on which romset it requires is on there. I just checked the folders and there should be

/media/data/local/share/xmame/xmame52
/media/data/local/share/xmame/xmame69
/media/data/local/share/xmame/xmame84

and in each folder should be a rom folder. You need to copy the correct romset depending on the version of the emulator you are using, you can switch between them on the emulator menu with the R trigger. You may need to refresh the list by pressing START.

Regarding mame4all, it seems Bubble Symphony isn't supported by it. There's a full list of supported games over on the github at https://github.com/alekmaul/mame4all/blob/master/distrib/gamelist.txt

katineko

Jul 14, 2020
Thanks for the reply. So, within each of the 3 paths mentioned in the post above, would I put both my parent/child roms?
And where do I put this in internal storage? Or is it already created?

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
Thanks for the reply. So, within each of the 3 paths mentioned in the post above, would I put both my parent/child roms?
And where do I put this in internal storage? Or is it already created?
These folders will already be there for you. Please follow this thread HERE and this will hopefully answer your questions.