Vittorrio

Sep 23, 2015
Hi all.
I had to replace my D Link NAS with a Qnap and I have had nothing but issues.
First off, when trying to tell the droidbox where my movies etc are, it takes about 5 minutes after pressing 'browse' to move on to the next bit. After waiting a further 20 minutes with 'working' flashing at me I gave up. I ended up using NFS instead of SMB and manually inputting my share locations. But now I am getting 'buffering' every 5 minutes, even on 720p videos. I'm running cat 6 Ethernet and all other devices have gigabit ports.
Has anyone else had issues connecting a Qnap to their droidbox? Everything seems to work just fine on my dlink except that the dlink died.
Is there any more information I can provide you in to help me get this sorted?
Networking is not my thing and it's painful to admit, but I'm lost and really could use some help.
Thanks

Last edited:

Vittorrio

Sep 23, 2015
Panic over! I was doing everything right. I installed Kodi onto my computer and tried the same thing and everything went without a hitch (SMB). It turns out the Droidbox was causing mischief!

I completely reset the Droidbox and started from scratch. Everything is working ok now and it's scraping the files as I type. Hopefully this will help someone else in the same situation.
Lesson learned - my Droidbox is a wee bitch!

Vittorrio

Sep 23, 2015
Scratch that. Buffering local files still a major issue. Really starting to hate this droidbox now

Vittorrio

Sep 23, 2015
Well, it's been decided. Time to go shopping for a different box. This Droidbox has me at my wits end. I really should have paid closer attention to the reviews on Amazon where I bought it from.
Buffering issues, the OTA Updater throws up an error, had to reset the box twice in the little time that I've had it.... the list goes on.

Vittorrio

Sep 23, 2015
Droidbox sent back this morning. Not worth the hassle. Hope everyone has better luck than I did. Maybe I just got a dodgy box.
Cheerio peeps!