Costalottamoneys

Nov 7, 2017
Hi, I have a 2 year old droid box t8 with the most up to date firmware. I wanted to try openelec on my droid box but all the instructions point to a duel boot option app and it doesn’t exist on my box. I just tried a factory reset with no joy. Any help would be appreciated

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If the box you have is the older t8 then there is no dual boot option.

If you have the older t8s then there should be a switch to openelec app icon (look in the app draw).

Costalottamoneys

Nov 7, 2017
It’s only 2 years old, my friend who had his longer than mine is able to do it but I can’t. I also installed smbc because of issues with my version of android and new version of kodi.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As I say above, it depends on the model. If a droidbox T8 (a model I have) then no dual boot.
If a T8S (note the "s") then there is a dual boot to android and openelec.
Your post says you have a T8. Your friend may have a different model.
You might want to double check that.

Running a Kodi fork on machines running android 4.4.2 which are incompatible with Kodi 17 to provide similar functionality is common practice. I run CEMC on my two T8 machines.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
As above - but if its a T8 Mini then it will have dual boot into LE.
Great little box

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi, I have a 2 year old droid box t8 with the most up to date firmware. I wanted to try openelec on my droid box but all the instructions point to a duel boot option app and it doesn’t exist on my box. I just tried a factory reset with no joy. Any help would be appreciated
Hi

If you are unsure which box model do you have and would like to confirm,please email us at [email protected] with your order ID and link to this thread so we could advise you further?

Regards