Ethan Wass

Jun 2, 2017
Hello,

I have the DroidBox T8 MINI and I can't go into the boot menu...

I tried the toothpick method (unplugging the power, inserting toothpick in "restore" hole, and turning on) but the only thing that was shown was the DroidBox logo.

After a few more tries the only thing I get is a black screen and the monitor writing that there was no video input.

Thanks in advance,
Ethan

P.S:
I meant "Can't" In the title and not "Can".... Sorry.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Are you keeping the toothpick pressed in till you see the recovery menu.

Tunde

Jun 3, 2017
I have the exact same issue, black screen monitor writing
Tried factory reset, didn't work. I have T8 s plus v1

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Ethan Wass @Tunde
If you can boot into Android, click the circle with six dots, then scroll down to and open the Reboot app. Click the option with "Recovery" in it. If not used before, the app will trigger a SuperSU pop up, click GRANT or it won't work.

Tunde

Jun 3, 2017
@Ethan Wass @Tunde
If you can boot into Android, click the circle with six dots, then scroll down to and open the Reboot app. Click the option with "Recovery" in it. If not used before, the app will trigger a SuperSU pop up, click GRANT or it won't work.
Thanks for the advice.
When I try to boot into Android all I get is the droidbox symbol and web address.
Nothing seems to work

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

Tunde

Jun 3, 2017
Hi Chris option 1 using the zip file haasnt worked. I cant find the link to for downloading the IMG file to try option 2

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Uploading the file now, sorry it should have been linked to in the second part of that thread. Only got 2Mbit/sec upload here, so it'll take a while. Link should be in that thread by this evening.

Tunde

Jun 3, 2017
Thanks Chris.
When should I let go of the switch and how long should it take after I've pressed start?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
15-20 seconds should be enough with the switch. I normally keep it held down until I see the Recovery Menu (or in this case, it would likely just be the Android robot logo).

Tunde

Jun 3, 2017
Hi Chris
Unfortunately IMG file didn't. Still can't boot up (same error message, unable to mount)
I bought my box from eBay and the seller hasn't responded to any of my emails so I can use the warranty.
Anyway thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_7586.JPG
    IMG_7586.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 244

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Put the sellers name if you want to. If it is someone we deal with we might be able to poke them harder. If it isn't anyone we know, future searchers for their account name will be able to check if they made contact with you in the end.

Tunde

Jun 3, 2017
eBay seller is superstream. I called eBay today, they can't do much beside giving him a poke and warning.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thanks for the response, the name sounds familiar. Can you drop me a message via [email protected] with all your superstream order information, a link to this thread and I'll see whether anything can be improved re communications and assistance. If we can track down the hardware to one of our records somewhere, we might be able to get this sorted out for you.

[edit]
If you don't mind, could you put FAO Chris somewhere in the e-mail's subject please?