Rob Pitt

Jan 9, 2019
The home key has been captured on this device to take me to the launcher. I have a key already for that and would prefer the home key functioned like it usually does. I can't capture the home key with External Keyboard Helper Pro so I'm guessing I probably can't change this but if anyone knows, is it possible to stop the home key from taking me to the launcher and return it's function to a regular home key?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you explain what the home key would do if it were behaving "regularly"? Someone might have an idea then - I'd always assume the home key would take you to the launcher.

Rob Pitt

Jan 9, 2019
On the X88 MAX Plus Android box and Windows I used the home key to jump to the start of a text box (useful for quickly selecting all the text) and to jump to the start of a menu in Kodi. I assumed something was catching the home key press on the T95Q and sending you to the launcher as the only other Android box I've used didn't do it.

Rob Pitt

Jan 9, 2019
This turned out to be the keyboard I was using. In Android mode it sends the key code for the launcher screen. Switching it to Windows mode solved the problem, although I learned ctrl+a selects all so there's little use for a home key anyway.