mrb2101

Apr 24, 2017
Hi guys.
I have just purchased a DroidBOX mxq pro V2 and I use it for kodi. I have realised that using the dbmc comes with issues when trying to use the pvr simple client and I am unable to use it, so I decided to download (from the kodi website) and install kodi (16.1 jarvis). But for some reason when I do this it just keeps kicking me out of kodi (crashes) and puts me back at the main menu. I have uninstalled anything to do with kodi from the box but it still seems to do it. I apologise in advance if there is info about this on another thread, either to do with the constant force closing or pvr issues with dbmc. If more details are needed I will be happy to give them.

Thanks

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
List everything it's doing and what you want it to do in a little more detail. Kodi has been acting up for over a month now and kodi 16 is very very buggy and unstable for some reason, where kodi 17 is more stable

Ask droidbox about dual boot libreelec, i have a mxq I used a sd card and made it dual boot libreelec 8 kodi 17 stronger than the android based kodi and more stable

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi guys.
I have just purchased a DroidBOX mxq pro V2 and I use it for kodi. I have realised that using the dbmc comes with issues when trying to use the pvr simple client and I am unable to use it, so I decided to download (from the kodi website) and install kodi (16.1 jarvis). But for some reason when I do this it just keeps kicking me out of kodi (crashes) and puts me back at the main menu. I have uninstalled anything to do with kodi from the box but it still seems to do it. I apologise in advance if there is info about this on another thread, either to do with the constant force closing or pvr issues with dbmc. If more details are needed I will be happy to give them.

Thanks

Suggest you contact droidbox support. Someone else on here had an issue constantly bombing out of dbmc on a new mxqpro box. The issues may or may not be connected. But support are probably the best people to help you. (contact details at the bottom of the forum)

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

mrb2101

Apr 24, 2017
OK, I will give support a go. Thank you.
Kodi for me has been fine, it's just been since I've started using the dbmc. I've been using it for years with the pvr client and not had this issue before. My only real confusion is the fact I can't use kodi on its own without the dbmc software. It's either the firmware or the box.

Thanks for replying guys.

mrb2101

Apr 24, 2017
Just a quick update to let you know I have now sorted my issue. The only way I could get around it was to install SPMC. It works like a dream now, pvr all works and it doesn't crash at all.

Thanx for helping guys.
Hope this helps others.

Reactions: Nigelar