Aromaticmist

Dec 20, 2015
The only problem I'm having with the box is accessing Google play. It's stuck on 'checking info' I've tried the obvious stuff, forcing stop, clearing cache on both play services and store, no help. I've checked for ota updates, nothing there. Can someone please please help, hours have been wasted trying to access the bloody thing :(

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
Try using the update app. Also check the the how to sections for advice on your ISP. This solved the issue for me.

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Have done another Factory Rest and have only setup WiFi. My ROM is showing Version LMY47V.20151216 Test Keys with NO update available. Still not able to access Play Store. Could anyone PLEASE advise on what to do next to gain access to Google;s services. More than 24 Hours in to this and I'm stuck.

Aromaticmist

Dec 20, 2015
Have done another Factory Rest and have only setup WiFi. My ROM is showing Version LMY47V.20151216 Test Keys with NO update available. Still not able to access Play Store. Could anyone PLEASE advise on what to do next to gain access to Google;s services. More than 24 Hours in to this and I'm stuck.
Same, let me know if you find a solution

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
The only problem I'm having with the box is accessing Google play. It's stuck on 'checking info' I've tried the obvious stuff, forcing stop, clearing cache on both play services and store, no help. I've checked for ota updates, nothing there. Can someone please please help, hours have been wasted trying to access the bloody thing :(
Hi

Please run OTA updater and update your box.

If you are having ethernet cable conencted,please either use wifi for update or in top right corner options tick off wifi so download could start.

After downloading and applying of new ROM is done reboot is required.

If google play store still does not work that simply means that update was not applied fully so you can do factory reset and once that is done update will work in its best and google play store will work.

Regards

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Done that - and again a few times, still no updates showing against ROM Version LMY47V.20151216.test-keys with ONLY WiFi enabled and no other settings yet set. Anything else that can be tried? Now 48 Hours in and still no go.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Done that - and again a few times, still no updates showing against ROM Version LMY47V.20151216.test-keys with ONLY WiFi enabled and no other settings yet set. Anything else that can be tried? Now 48 Hours in and still no go.
If you are using ethernet,disable only wifi in OTA updater then.

Also once you make an update,you are already up to date so there won't be more updates to download at the moment.

Please check if google play store is working!

Regards

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Thanks for the reply kind sir, unfortunately Play is still failing. :( Internet Access is fine, I looked at a couple of the Wookie sites and items there played fine. No Ethernet in use,
Regards.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for the reply kind sir, unfortunately Play is still failing. :( Internet Access is fine, I looked at a couple of the Wookie sites and items there played fine. No Ethernet in use,
Regards.
In that case please contact us either on live chat or by phone and we will solve the problem for you remotely with your small assistance !

Our working time for both our live phone and live chat support is from 10AM to 5PM(live phone support)6PM(live chat support) BST from monday to friday.
At the upper corner you can see our phone number,at the bottom right corner you can see our chat option for our live support.
In order to see and use these,visit the link below!
https://droidbox.co.uk/

Regards

Paul Hunt

Dec 26, 2015
I am having the same problem :-(
I'm still stuck with this issue OTA shows no updates available, done 3 or 4 factory resets, OTA version LMY47V.20151216 test keys, cannot access Google play store, just continually shows checking info screen. Very very frustrating

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Igor spent around an hour on Christmas Eve using Teamviewer trying to correct this issue and failed. He suggested that he would email me with the complete solution and asked me to look out for a new update, "just in case". No email was received and the issue remains "as is". Most unusual for the droidbox folks. I will wait a little while longer "just in case" but will soon be returning my box as "not fit for purpose" and ask for a refund. Sorry you're in the same boat, but I guess one or two issues are likely with a new Box/OS, guess we are the unlucky ones. My M8 and T8S are both functional so I'm not entirely stuck. Regards.

Claireypie

Dec 20, 2015
I have not factory restored my box yet (I guess that means I would then need to reinstall all my add ins?!) and I don't want to have to do that whilst other people are saying after restoring there is still no update available.

Why is it that some people are seeing the update and others not? Is there not a link we can download the update from rather than waiting for it to appear in the OTA updater?

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
I specifically asked for a link *Twice* before Igor attempted, unsuccessfully, to fix my box no response. :( Would be easy to sort out if there was a link.

Paul Hunt

Dec 26, 2015
I did try a link that somebody else had left on the site but to no joy, I did try calling the folk at Droidbox, but they have not left a message on their answer machine saying when they're back from the xmas break, so all in all this issue is a pain in the derrière. I hope that they visit this site regularly and will give us some help.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Have you tried uninstalling play store altogether and installing the latest version 6.0.5? To uninstall will be settings,apps, find Google play store, force stop, as a double measure clear cache and data, then uninstall. Latest can be downloaded from here>>
Code:
http://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/google-play-store-apk-latest-version-download/
Hope this works for you