737mechanic

May 3, 2017
I am connected to the net with an ethernet cable, NOT wifi. Everything seems to work as far as kodi, play store and anything else that relies on the web but for some reason NO web browser will connect to the web. Is there something I am missing?

I do notice that when using the play store it takes a long time for an APP to start downloading but once it starts it is super fast and installs fine.

I would like to be able to surf the net but so far have had no luck.

The box is simply called Mbox and uses the S912 chip.

This is the link to it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHRK82F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Check to see if the time and date are correct on your box, that might stop your browser connecting to the web.

Reactions: thereaper123

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the current seller of that device (Celendi Fashion) is who you purchased the device from, it might be worth asking them as well, if you haven't already done so.
I'd double check you don't have any network related applications installed and active (VPN, proxy, ad blocking etc), and check whether your ISP has a procedure for new devices on your home network (if the modem/router was provided by them).

737mechanic

May 3, 2017
Update,

Tried twice to contact the seller with no response from them so left bad review. I am sure Amazon would have returned my money but didn't want to go through the hassle so I took box apart and saw it was a T95U Pro board so I searched around and found an updated firmware for another brand box matching the same specs. Flashed with new firmware and everything works great. It actually has more features now than it did.

737mechanic

May 3, 2017
I doubt it. When I bought the box the store name was "Boddenly Store" and when I tried to contact them they changed their name to "Celendi Fashion" so I tried again to contact them and had no response so after about 2 weeks I finally left a bad review and then the very next day they are trying to contact me but as far as I am concerned it is too late.