Prab

Jul 9, 2015
Purchased the above with everything pre installed last September.
Box has been running perfectly until today. When I turned it on it didn't load as usual but instead went to the setup screens:wifi,display position etc.
I went through the set up process and then went to 3d launcher.
However when I click on xbmc nothing happens.i also can't find xbmc in the apps folder. Please help!!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Ok, can you go to setting, more setting and storage check and see if its full. If it is delete something......Then try again.
Also in more settings go to xbmc (Kodi) and clear cache this might help too. Hope this helps and good luck.

Dave

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
Thanks. I have sufficient storage space.

For the second option I cannot even find xbmc/Kodi within settings.

Please advise.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, it should be in setting, more setting and scroll down to apps. In app scoll down and it should be there, I think you can also move side ways aswell here...normally all apps you want. Once you are here clear cache then back out restart your box and try again.

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
Hi Dave.
I have gone to apps.
I have gone to the heading titled 'All' which is in alphabetical order but there is no xbmc or Kodi listed.
Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
It should be here, check all the running apps too. If theres nothing here then its uninstalled.
You can try going to File Manager and and look for APKs and look for xbmc here to, you might have to open the menus on the side to find APKs...

Dave

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
Thanks for your help but unfortunately it is not there.
Can we reset the box to the state it was in when purchased?

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you are stuck you can use live chat on the main site, the link is on the main page of this forum and then on the site its the greenish box in the bottom right corner (says chat or message).
Here a link to how to get your recovery menu, but I would recommend using live chat 1st....good luck and hope you get this sorted.
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/
Dave

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Try that factory reset procedure, but DO PLEASE wait 20 minutes after the reboot and setup has been completed, XBMC is one of the last applications to be automatically reinstalled, if this gets interrupted it won't be installed.