Pointdee

Jan 15, 2015
I'm trying to install the latest firmware on an iMX6 but when I power on with the hidden button pressed all I get is a black screen. My TV detects that there is a signal and after about 15 seconds flickers briefly and then that's it. I've held in the button for over a minute, tried 2 different SD cards and 2 different TVs and the result is always the same. If I power on without the hidden button pressed then the box boots normally

Any suggestions as to what else I can try?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I'm trying to install the latest firmware on an iMX6 but when I power on with the hidden button pressed all I get is a black screen. My TV detects that there is a signal and after about 15 seconds flickers briefly and then that's it. I've held in the button for over a minute, tried 2 different SD cards and 2 different TVs and the result is always the same. If I power on without the hidden button pressed then the box boots normally

Any suggestions as to what else I can try?
Did you deleted some of the sensitive part of operating system,or done anything that goes out of ordinary use(maybe some third party app installed etc)???

Pointdee

Jan 15, 2015
Dave - Yes the button is definitely pressed in before I power on. I'm happy to flatten the device and start again and I have the bootloader recovery on an SD card but even with that inserted and powering on with the button pressed it still just gives a black screen an nothing else

Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I've got the imx6 and have done the recovery menu a few times. Like I said I always unplug the power cord and then press the button, now still holding plug it back in and hold again until the recovery menu comes up. Now if it doesn't the if I was you I would use live chat before they finish for the weekend. Its on the main site and is the greenish box in the bottom right corner it will say chat or message in. There's a link to this site on the 1st page if this forum.
Good luck and hope you get it fixed.

Dave

Pointdee

Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I've already tried this and get the same result i.e I plug the power lead in with my SD card in place and the hidden button presed, my TV detects a signal and that's all I get - There's no visual output of any kind

Thanks

Bill1903

Apr 18, 2015
Having a nightmare with my box.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but where do I find the file to put on my SD card to start recovery?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you power off and unplug the power cord, you then push the tooth pick into the optical out, the bottom there's a button. Hold this in and at the same time put the power back in, hold this until the recovery menu comes up. If it does just try clearing cache and reboot, sometimes this can fix miner faults. If this doesn't work you will need the latest zip file if you have the imx6 box try this link, you will need a SDcard.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hsd64o7tum6j91/recovery.img