Geoff Hardern

Aug 16, 2014
The time on my Droidbox Q7 is always 1 hour ahead. If I go into 'Settings', 'Advanced Settings' and then 'Date & Time' I have tried using the 'Allow Network to automatically set time' and also trying to set time zone manually, but I can't change the time zone from GMT +2. The Time displayed is always 1 hour ahead of GMT.
How can I change the Time Zone so that the clock reads correctly?

Many thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Time in Britain right now is 1 hour ahead of GMT, due to British Summer Time (daylight savings).
Let me double check my Q7 and see what could be the issue, assuming it isn't a BST issue.

[edit]
I may have a different firmware in place on my Q7 right now, however, when I enter the Date & time sub-menu, at the bottom of the Android Settings list, I've disabled automatic date & time, so there is no tick in the box. This way I can manually set the date and time (the time zone is greyed out when automatic date and time is disabled).
Could you describe how your sub-menu behaves differently, and we'll hopefully think of some other way to approach this.

Last edited:

Geoff Hardern

Aug 16, 2014
If I disable the Automatic Network updating of Date & Time and enter the Date & Time Manually, I can enter the correct Date & Time, but after the Droidbox has been switched off and I come back to switch it on again, the Date and time displayed is some random date in history !!!!!! At leats if I check the Auto Update via Network it gets the date correct but the time is GMT +2, so always 1 hour ahead.

Regards

Geoff Hardern

Aug 16, 2014
Hi

Downloaded the ClockSync App from Play Store and that seems to work. I have powered down the Droidbox and then switched it back on and the time is correct. I'll see how it goes.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Geoff

Reactions: ChrisM