mr hardinge

Sep 13, 2014
just purchased a droidbox iMX6 (M8 Mali-450) just turned it on, but could'nt get into droid wizard, kept coming up unresolved link even though internet cable/google was working fine, so l decided to do a factory reset, and since that im not even getting XBMC/ Droid wizard, downloads, apps etc., hhelpp!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not got an M8 (I'm assuming it is an M8, not an iMX6?)

iMX6 = https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-imx6.html

M8=
9177mjKc8sL._SL1500_.jpg

10639400_620648834722599_4142129549863522269_n.jpg

I'm just checking what could have caused this. Is it possible you rebooted within 20 minutes of completing the factory reset? If so, and you've not yet set up the device again fully, I would try another factory reset, but this time wait twenty minutes after you've reach the launcher's homescreen.

mr hardinge

Sep 13, 2014
sorry about the mixup, yes it is a m8 and i tried several times to factory reset etc. and leaving it for 20min but still no xbmc apps or wizard, just google, utube etc coming through

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, for now follow the steps here - Original XBMC (V12/Frodo) For iMX6 (Android) Devices - to install XBMC with our Wizard. In terms of the other apps missing, I'm still waiting for feedback from the guys in the office. I'm assuming Google's Play Store is present on the device at least? Let me know of any other apps you can remember the name of, want to have back, and aren't in the Play Store (other than XBMC, see above :) ), and I'll see what I can find. Sorry for the delay.

mr hardinge

Sep 13, 2014
big thanks silently screaming, downloading worked fine, no mashup or navgx in the lineup though, is this install ok for am8? just wondering.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which device pack did you use in the DroidBOX Wizard? I'm not aware that we've removed MashUp and Navi-X. Try the Android iMX6 pack if you haven't already, and if you get a spare moment, let me know if MashUp and Navi-X then appear. If not, either google for the repo to head to, to install the add-ons, or let me know and I'll check for you.

alanbell

Sep 18, 2014
plus.google.com
I have a iMX6 worked great for 5 months then it has lost all the XBMC apps and links everything else looks ok, also asks to put all the install setup data in every time I power on
Have tried Factory Reset , but is jousts says Power off and a circle saying shutting down, after 15 mins I gave up ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you follow the pictures for an iMX6 here - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/
When the recovery menu appears, carry out a data wipe/factory reset from here (the Android one doesn't always seem to take hold).
Once you've rebooted back to the Android launcher screen (having gone through the set up procedure), please don't click on anything or reboot for twenty minutes.
After that, open up XBMC and run the DroidBOX Wizard (Android iMX6 pack). When this completes, exit XBMC, reboot the device and this time wait five minutes once you're at the launcher's homescreen.
Check if XBMC is now working OK. If it is, try waiting 4 minutes the next time you reboot, and gradually reduce this down. With some firmwares, it appears that directories containing config info aren't immediately available after a reboot, so XBMC can think it is being run for the first time.

Should that not help, please send us an e-mail - [email protected] . If you could include the following in the message please:
http://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/909/ (a link to your post)
Your eBay/Amazon account name (or e-mail address used if you purchased it directly from our site)
The order number

[edit]
I meant to say, when selecting the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option, you'll likely need to use the Go Back (return) key on your remote control, rather than OK.

paul edge

May 4, 2016
I`ve got an m8 that was upgraded to kodi 16 and the pulse ccm package, i had a problem with buffering so did a factory reset, when reloaded the original xbmc loaded back up, i deleted that and reloaded 16 jarvis but it won`t load the wizard from the zip file, any ideas how to get aroud this?