chrubble

Feb 19, 2018
I've been trying to set up a sync (using GoodSync) to my T8 SE, with no success (the T8 is write protected and there doesn't seem to be a way to stop this). Also, I've tried AirDroid - I can copy stuff (VERY slowly) to the main memory, but I want to use the 128gb SD card that I installed - BUT can't browser to that through AirDroid, or as a location when trying to set up a sync in GoodSync on the T8. All told very frustrating. I've just gone back to streaming via Plex from the Mac. Which is what I used to do through my old Minix. I had thought I was upgrading but the networking aspects of the T8 are not good.

chrubble

Feb 19, 2018
Hi - I resolved this by reformatting the External SD as an MS-DOS FAT 32 drive in the Mac - I had done it in the DroidBox when first inserted which seemed to be the issue. Now the SD is read/writeable and I can access via GoodSync and AirDroid. To get over the slow transfer of the initial bulk of media, I just stuck it in the Mac and copied everything. Now I have a sync set up between the External SD and the External Drive (connected to my Mac) to keep the content coordinated. I didn't have any luck using Samba - It wanted a username/pw that I have not set up on the DroidBox (and can't see where I would do that). You can use Samba to network share with the Mac. So, that would definitely be a solution - without the user/pw issue. Thanks. I just kind of expected the T8 to come with more obvious and easily instituted networking apps/settings. Sorted now though.