Rotterdam

Feb 4, 2017
Hi all, I've been having issues (i think i was on version 15.1) with crashes and builds not working. I downloaded the v16 from koi website but this won't install because it says there is another build of the same name. Can i install builds on 15 and expect them to work properly? Or do i have to somehow wipe 15 from the system and install 16. I have 15 on the pre install list and have factory rest the device several times to try different methods found on google but nothing will work.

I have been using the beast build but this has since stopped working and i can't find any streams that work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To be honest, given the issues you have I would wipe 15, then go to the Kodi.tv site and download 16.1 from there.
Then reinstall Addons manually or via a build. Try Sean's build available from the wookie wizard community builds section.
If you have a t8s plus (you have posted in that section of the forum), you should also be able to get the just released Kodi 17 as android 5 is a minimum spec for that and the t8s plus has android 5. I would suggest avoiding Kodi 17 tfor a while though until teething problems are resolved.

Rotterdam

Feb 4, 2017
To be honest, given the issues you have I would wipe 15, then go to the Kodi.tv site and download 16.1 from there.
Then reinstall Addons manually or via a build. Try Sean's build available from the wookie wizard community builds section.
If you have a t8s plus (you have posted in that section of the forum), you should also be able to get the just released Kodi 17 as android 5 is a minimum spec for that and the t8s plus has android 5. I would suggest avoiding Kodi 17 tfor a while though until teething problems are resolved.

Thanks for your reply. It is definitely a t8, but not sure if its a plus or not. Would that make a difference?

Could you explain how to wipe 15? I have tried but can't see the option.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes it would make a difference. The Droidbox t8 is a different machine in terms of processing power, ram and internal storage. The t8s plus is better in all respects. Also the t8s plus (prior to the newly released version) ran android 5.1.1 whereas the t8 ran android 4.4.2. Kodi 17 needs android 5 as a minimum. It should be easy to identify them - look in android settings - about. It will give the machine name.

You can delete Kodi and all user apps from android settings - apps. Click on the entry for Kodi then uninstall.
If you really have a t8 it sounds like you are missing several Droidbox firmware updates. When did you buy your machine? Does it have ota update app installed?

You could also try Droidbox's variant of Kodi called dbmc. Available from the Droidbox market app. You can run up to 16.3 on a t8 (dbmc 16.6 on a t8s plus).

Paul Harnett

Feb 15, 2016
Stoke-on-Trent
Hi I have a Droidbox T8 and have been trying to get kodi 17 for it but it just says 'not compatable with this device' and when I try to open the file in file explorer it say there is a parsing error(whatever that means) I am quite new to all the technical stuff so I hope that I dont sound thick! I've also checked the android version and it says 4.4.2! I have done the OTA update and it now says it is as updated as it can be but android version is still 4.4.2 and not even android 5! Can anyone please help as this is driving me bonkers! I originaly spent the extra money on a T8 with being able to upgrade it in the future in mind but it doesn't seem possible and the mxq that I got for my mum that only cost £30 seems to be more upgradable than my T8 ! I just dont get it I really hope that someone can help ! Thanks Paul

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Quite simply the processor used in the t8 (and other suppliers android tv boxes of that time) - the amlogic s802 - has not been provided with firmware by the chip manufacturer (amlogic) to allow an update to android 5.
That should make little or no difference to your viewing pleasure. Everything works with android 4.4.2 and kodi 16.1 (or dbmc 16.3).

Reactions: David Savage