spender1330

Jun 29, 2017
Please help!!

So I have a Go projector which worked great all of last year but now I'm not getting much response out of Kodi - and no I don't think its to do with recent developments as I dont use certain repos etc.
Thinking an upgrade might be in order, I am running Android 4.4.4 so have read that Kodi 16.1 would be the way forward, so with a bit of digging found the files
kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk
I downloaded that but the go responded "there was a problem parsing the package".

Looking around I found the tweaked version of 17.1 aka EBMC and downloaded that but again "there was a problem parsing the package".

Has anyone updated their kodi on a Go and how did you do it please? Is there a firmware upgrade required or something? Currently the Go is now useless to me as I used it solely as a Kodi projector.

Cheers in advance

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Those errors in trying to install kodi/ kodi forks are telling you your device doesn't have enough memory/ space. Uninstall any older versions of kodi you have and try again. I use ebox's 17.1 fork and also ftmc, with decent results.... ps. No f/w upgrades available for rockchip devices running 4.4 kitkat f/w

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM and Nigelar

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Please help!!

So I have a Go projector which worked great all of last year but now I'm not getting much response out of Kodi - and no I don't think its to do with recent developments as I dont use certain repos etc.
Thinking an upgrade might be in order, I am running Android 4.4.4 so have read that Kodi 16.1 would be the way forward, so with a bit of digging found the files
kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk
I downloaded that but the go responded "there was a problem parsing the package".

Looking around I found the tweaked version of 17.1 aka EBMC and downloaded that but again "there was a problem parsing the package".

Has anyone updated their kodi on a Go and how did you do it please? Is there a firmware upgrade required or something? Currently the Go is now useless to me as I used it solely as a Kodi projector.

Cheers in advance
Hi

Regarding Kodi 17 on android 4 devices please take a look at thread below

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/kodi-17-on-android-4-4-devices.9707/

Regards

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You might also want to look at the freaktab site and specifically "ftmc" which has been designed to give android 4.4 machines, Kodi 17 like functionality.
On their site, look for the Rockchip version which has been designed for machines using that chip - like the droidbox go projector.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/general-tv-player-dicussions/xbmc-talk/575588-ftmc

But pay attention to what Sean says regarding memory. There is no technical reason why Kodi 16 or Droidboxes own version (dbmc 16.3 only) should not run provided you have enough memory.

spender1330

Jun 29, 2017
Thanks all, I finally got around to doing this and ftmc seems to be the answer
Do you know if installation of non-standard add-ons would be the same as when using kodi ie by zipfile/repository etc