AdamF

Feb 29, 2016
Hi all, I’ve owned my Droidbox T8-S Plus a couple of weeks now & thoroughly enjoying it however I seem to get this error when checking for updates on the box;

‘Check Failed! Check your OTA Servier Argent’

Any ideas? Also what is the latest firmware for my box? Want to check if I’m running the latest update.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
The OTA Updater is not used that often and normally an error means it's up to date. If your box is 2 weeks old then I could imagine you are up to date.
The last update fixed the login problem with the Play store.
The T8-S was last updated in Nov 15.
I'm sure someone from droidbox will also mention it on there main site in the blogs part. So enjoy your T8-S plus box..

AdamF

Feb 29, 2016
The OTA Updater is not used that often and normally an error means it's up to date. If your box is 2 weeks old then I could imagine you are up to date.
The last update fixed the login problem with the Play store.
The T8-S was last updated in Nov 15.
I'm sure someone from droidbox will also mention it on there main site in the blogs part. So enjoy your T8-S plus box..
Thanks David, also looking at the FAQ's there appears to be another updater app, I could well be using the wrong one. I’ll take a closer look when I get home this evening.

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The advice given above is that your box is up to date. What content can't you get?

not computer savy

Jun 10, 2016
I can't get any content. I go to a show like Outlander, get the seasons, get the episodes. I go to episode one for ex and it starts to download, gets to 6 of 13 and jams up there

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So, you are trying to download some tv show.

To help us help you can you tell us what droidbox you have and how much free memory there is (use the sd card analyser in es file explorer).

Which addon are you using?

Can you view streams ok (as opposed to downloading)?

When do you see the ota updater message?

not computer savy

Jun 10, 2016
I have an M8S
I don't think I have an addon ( I bought it, it worked, now it doesn't. I know little about it)
No streams - I get a message that says (error failed watch history module and service)
I see the OTA message when I go to settings and hit update

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok so it sounds like you don't have a droidbox and so it is hard to work out what your machine is doing.

It may be a factory reset would help.

But failing that I think your best bet is to contact the supplier of your box for help.

Mike68

Mar 13, 2018
I keep getting this message Check Failed! Check your OTA Servier Argent’ on my box. Everytime I go to watch a movie or tv show the yes player upgrade and then a tab page with all that needs updates come up I click update on both and i get update failed. I have MX III 4K Goobang Dip.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think the best bet would be to contact your box supplier direct.
It seems your box is polling for an ota update and one is not available (maybe that is something you can disable in the box settings).
With regard to "yes player" i have no idea what that is. Is it a kodi addon? Or an android app?

Also this forum post provides a similar explanation
https://droidboxforums.com/threads/ota-servier-argent-check-failed.10450/

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Have you not tried going to the google play store to update Yes Player.

DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
Hi all, I’ve owned my Droidbox T8-S Plus a couple of weeks now & thoroughly enjoying it however I seem to get this error when checking for updates on the box;

‘Check Failed! Check your OTA Servier Argent’

Any ideas? Also what is the latest firmware for my box? Want to check if I’m running the latest update.

What is a Servier Argent. Is that an English language term?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I suspect it is a misspelling of "server agent". Whether that is more meaningfull is open to discussion but it suggests that it controls the ota update process on the host server.
I also notice it appears on ALL android based boxes regardless of supplier