Paulg2906

Jan 12, 2015
Hi I have a t8 I bought anyone have any experience in casting the screen to chrome cast ...? I did this last night via local cast it worked but was unable to disconnect afterwards ?? Any help much appreciated anyone have a better way of doing this ??? Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Think I just replied to your tweet or facebook post on this matter! Probably encouraged you to come and ask here, which you'd already done. Feeling redundant now!

edited thread title and location

Reactions: Paulg2906

hannsg2015

Jan 18, 2015
Hi guys..

I know its a old thread..but could you tell me how to set up casting from T8 (or T8-s have both) to chrome cast or even Samsung Smart tv (if that works)?

Many Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
From the YouTube app (on your DroidBOX device), there should be a Cast icon when a video is playing (if it detects any compatible devices on your network at least, not tried without any present). Click that and then the chromecast or other compatible hardware should be listed.
If nothing there:
1) Update YouTube. https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/first-run-of-googles-play-store/

2) May as well try updating the firmware on your devices. Open up the list of installed apps (circle with six dots, or "My Apps" label on an icon), and find OTA Updater or OTA Updates. Follow the onscreen instructions. You may need to clear some space for the firmware file to download, and if using Ethernet instead of WiFi, look for an option to click top right corner, if the download won't start.

You may also find it is worth installing the Chrome browser on your DroidBOX from the Play Store.
Beyond that, it is a case of checking each application on your DroidBOX to see if it supports casting to another device.

Reactions: hannsg2015