robit

Jun 6, 2015
Hi all,

Would any of you know how to clear all default apps all at once in T8-S Plus v1?
It’s a question from my son who has the above box. This is not a problem on tablets, you can get there from system but can’t seem to find on the box. Need the end result that when he watches a video, say in showbox, it will ask what player to use.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
In both showbox and movie hd you can choose the default player.
In showbox it is on the "watch now" panel. My default currently shows vlc but you can change to other options.
In movie hd click on the file icon on top right after selecting a film. The default for that currently appears to be dbmc which was a surprise!

robit

Jun 6, 2015
In both showbox and movie hd you can choose the default player.
In showbox it is on the "watch now" panel. My default currently shows vlc but you can change to other options.

Many thanks for all the replies. Other options has been tried but still don't ask what players to use. That's what prompted me to ask here. Ultimately, it does not matter. On TV one can crank up sound or use soundbar to increase volume. I find that only MX Player can get to 200% volume and it becomes important only when using tablet and headphones, watching some video with lower sound levels.
Will check my T8S to see if I can find any settings on the Android side
Kind regards,

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Some apps will have internal video players without an option to use an external video playing apps like MX Player. If you clear the app's data, then open and play a stream, does it ask then which player to use?

Reactions: robit

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Some apps will have internal video players without an option to use an external video playing apps like MX Player. If you clear the app's data, then open and play a stream, does it ask then which player to use?
Hi Chris and thanks for that. I'm off for 2 week now but will try it on my return.
Regards,
Edit: I probably need to clear data for the android default player for it to ask me again. Not sure what it's called. What's loaded with android before any other players installed? Name that tune/err player :).

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd look for "Video" and "MX Player" in the app list. Two secs, I'll check properly now.
Here we go:
Video player
MX Player
MoviePlayer
ES Media Player (think would be under ES File Explorer in the app list)
and of course Kodi and DBMC as well.