Alfie Bass

Jan 20, 2016
Can anyone explain how to clear the Kodi cache on the OpenElec side, I know how to do this for the Android side but I can't find a way to do it in OpenElec, I do not want to do anything drastic like changing my build or clearing the data, I just want to de-clutter the Kodi cache in OpenElec just as I do on the Android side.

Or am I missing something here, if the cache is cleared on the Android side does it automatically clear the OpenElec side also ???

Thanks in advance Alfie

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Get the Mucky Duck wizard from his repo, open it, select maintenance, then clear cache and textures 13.dB. Easiest way by far.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Geemeister

Sep 30, 2015
Wirral
If you have the likes of Wookie or Fusion installed then you can go to Programs and use the Addon Installer to install Maintenance Tools which includes a cache clearer.
The process would be select Addon Installer, then Program Add-ons, then Maintenance Tool. Once installed go via Programs to Maintenance Tool, to General Maintenance, to Clear Cache - sorted :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
That will work for android Geemeister, but he knows how to do that. Angela's instructions are good for openelec which is his question.

Alfie Bass

Jan 20, 2016
If you have the likes of Wookie or Fusion installed then you can go to Programs and use the Addon Installer to install Maintenance Tools which includes a cache clearer.
The process would be select Addon Installer, then Program Add-ons, then Maintenance Tool. Once installed go via Programs to Maintenance Tool, to General Maintenance, to Clear Cache - sorted :)

Thanx just the job, Mucky Ducks wizard has a similar facility too.