David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
In programs use Xunity maintenance tool and in here go to maintenance...or outside of kodi go setting, other, more setting and then storage and clear cache for all apps. This is for others who see this thread.

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
So it's good and ok to clear package I won't lose nothing? Seen this feature on the main wookie page.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you have the Ares wizard it shows you inside this..you can even set it up to do it on a time to suit you. There's even a traffic light symbol to show you how much you have used. If it's red clear and so on.
You can also clear thumb nails too, but after that it takes some time to load each add-on. Nothing to worry about...

Enjoy your droidbox

Reactions: Hightone10

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
I had a look at this the other week and it was not all working i think the section on the right had side was down?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
For anyone else visiting this in the future, clearing the packages removes older versions of add-ons.
If your device was first set up with an add-on called ABC, and it was already at v1.12 , then, as each time Kodi updates it keeps the previous version of the add-on. So you would end up with
ABC v1.12
ABC v1.13
ABC v1.14
ABC v1.15
all stored on your device, despite only using ABC v1.15 . Keeping the older versions can be useful (let's say v1.15 had an error in the code, you could then revert to v1.14 temporarily). That said, if you're unlikely to ever rollback to a previous version of an add-on, and you don't have gigabytes of space free, it makes sense to prune the older versions.

Reactions: David Savage

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Also in the muckey duck wizard, about once a week its advisable to delete thumbnail 13.dB and restart Kodi. This will delete all thumbnail data stored from kodi on your box. It can hang and even crash, if it does, just exit Kodi and do it again until you get the message to restart kodi to build the database. If you've never done this you will be surprised the space you save.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk