Feb 11, 2016
Hi guys,

I'll start with hardware:

• QUAD Core Processor
  • Latest Android KITKAT 4.4.2
  • 1GB DDR3 RAM
  • 8GB Storage pre-installed with streaming, Add-ons, TV/Movie & Sports apps
  • Built-in Wi-Fi
  • IR Remote Control, UK Power lead + HDMI Cable Included + UK Power Supply (not converter)
  • Supports 1080p HD Video
Unfortunately this is the only info that I got when I bought it. I cracked open the case and found the following serial numbers F01-0178-R0A (on brown connector from Pi to HDD) 150112001-1836 (on the Pi itself) MAC: C44EAC0C47F8 (on the case). Other than that no idea. I can link the ebay if needed.

Now to the actual problem. I haven't had any problems with it at all (had it for 11 months now). So I switched it on earlier and the screen started warping - distorted colours of red and green mainly. Thought the HDMI cable wasn't plugged in properly so walk out, yanked power cable out, tightened HDMI and replugged back in. Switched on fine. Went to click on Kodi and suddenly the AppInstaller screen pops up with a window saying Choose device to scan apks - with only one selection - Local Disk. Problem is NOTHING can be selected and I noticed the time is stuck at the top. Obviously crashed. So again I unplug, wait five minutes, plug back in. Loads straight to the same screen with the same time. Naturally I start mashing keys on my remote to see if it's responsive at all. A few buttons made the click click sound but to no avail as the time is still stuck and I can't get off the screen.

So I thought time to factory reset. Grabbed my SD card with recovery options and a tooth pick. Did the usual to flash but to no avail. Every time I attempt to flash it (I didn't do this incorrectly, trust me. I repeated this for about two hours) it just boots up to this exact AppInstaller page. It doesn't even show the usual Gbox screen, just boots straight to AppInstaller.

So yeah, I'm COMPLETELY stumped and I'm usually great with this. I've found 0 results in hours of Googling with anything like this.
I think I might have to short circuit the box but have no clue how to do that or if it's a good idea.

Can anyone throw me some suggestions please? :)
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
I'm sorry to hear of your problem :( .....that's a huge list to delve through...UV had it for 11 months with no problems.you haven't got much(hardly any)storage...1gbram and 8 GB storage.....personally i would. Seriously consider upgrading your box...kodi boxes have made big strides in the last year(you won't regret it)....I personally think it's an internal problem and not really worth repair as boxes are cheap enough.....sorry I couldn't be more help.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Is the box still under warranty (you say you've had it 11 months)? Maybe the manufacturer/supplier can help if no-one on here has experience of this problem. Is there a gbox user forum anywhere that could help? I've seen this matricom forum.
https://forums.matricom.net

Reactions: thegazsheard

Densest

Feb 11, 2016
I'm sorry to hear of your problem :( .....that's a huge list to delve through...UV had it for 11 months with no problems.you haven't got much(hardly any)storage...1gbram and 8 GB storage.....personally i would. Seriously consider upgrading your box...kodi boxes have made big strides in the last year(you won't regret it)....I personally think it's an internal problem and not really worth repair as boxes are cheap enough.....sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah unfortunately it was the missus who bought it! Only £30 thought so I couldn't complain 11 months ago ;). We were planning on buying a newer one so we had one for the bedroom and one for downstairs. Don't have the spare cash at the moment unfortunately so was hoping I could do something to try to get it working. Saves hooking up the laptop to the telly.

Is the box still under warranty (you say you've had it 11 months)? Maybe the manufacturer/supplier can help if no-one on here has experience of this problem. Is there a gbox user forum anywhere that could help? I've seen this matricom forum.
https://forums.matricom.net

The missus got it from a dodgy eBay seller who closed up shop of course! I think it only had 3 months warranty anyway. I signed up for the Marticom forums but each section is password protected. Assuming a mod needs to activate my account.

I think the problem with the box is that it's literally stuck on the same screen and needs to force reset. I'll have to google short circuiting will post the results!