gwbuk1

Sep 29, 2014
plus.google.com
Have you got any links for the moded confluence skin please, I updated my Q7 and it seems to have lost the droidbox wizard and I can't seem to update anything now. I bought this box from yourselves and have invoice numbers if needed...thanks

gwbuk1

Sep 29, 2014
plus.google.com
I am getting desperate now i think i have tried every version of gotham and kodi on my droidbox but the wizard addons wont download with any of the versions of xbmc. Am i doing something wrong i have even tried to factory reset the box but all i get is a picture of a droid with something spinning on its stomach, i have Q7 android 4.2.2. . Any ideas anyone

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Have you tried clearing the data as described in the first link that I posted? It takes a good few minutes for the data to clear if I remember rightly. Going back into xbmc should take you to a first run.

gwbuk1

Sep 29, 2014
plus.google.com
Yes I have tried that Paul ,the thing is I have installed and uninstalled numerous versions now would that still work now I have installed different a version ?

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Are you downloading XBMC directly to your Q7 or from your laptop and onto a USB stick? I used the latter method from this link :
http://droidboxforums.com/threads/gotham-xbmc-only-for-x7-q7-devices.7/ and then connected the USB into the Q7, turned it on and then from the android homescreen clicked Explorer and then USB and went from there.
If you have no joy with this then I think SilentlyScreaming will advise you soon enough.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Strange one. I think this is definitely one for SilentlyScreaming to sort for you. Sorry I couldn't help you out but I'm sure he will sort it when he sees this post

gwbuk1

Sep 29, 2014
plus.google.com
Will do,support had just informed me that there server has been down and I might have to wait till tomorrow...I'll keep you posted thanks.

gwbuk1

Sep 29, 2014
plus.google.com
Well still no joy and still got the same problem,I think I am going to have to attempt a firmware reinstall. Where is Silenty Screaming when you need him ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
SilentlyScreaming was on holiday. It is November, and this was my first proper long weekend since January! I'm here for today and tomorrow, then all of next week. Then I'm finally moving our family back to Britain after 8.5 years in Kazakhstan, so I'll be away again until 27 & 28th December.

I'm a little concerned about the spinning logo on a robot (android) reference, as this is normally indicative of a firmware update on an Android device. If your Q7 came with a strange USB lead (standard USB plug at both ends), and you have 30-60 minutes to spare, e-mail us with the info requested in the thread Paul mentioned, and a link to this thread ( http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/moded-confluence-skin.571/ ) including your forum user name, and we'll send over details of how to reflash the firmware. Obviously we can do this in the office for you, but then you'd be waiting for Royal Mail/Parcel Force in both directions. If the device seems OK outside of XBMC, and the image of a spinning logo on a robot hasn't reappeared, you might also want to ask in the e-mail for the DroidBOX Wizard URL and installation instructions, as this is simpler and quicker than a firmware re-flash.

I'm hoping we'll be able to get your Q7 into fighting fit mode, sorry to hear it sounds as though it needs a little TLC right now.

gwbuk1

Sep 29, 2014
plus.google.com
Thanks for the reply and hope you enjoyed your time off. I am at work and not home for about 5 hrs I will be back in touch then to try and sort out thanks.