Gangle666

Apr 15, 2016
I am trying to set up my new box with some software and I keep being told my system Jodi 16.7, and all apps need kodi 17 ? I thought I had kodi17 ? Amy ideas ?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Are you confusing DBMC (droibox's version of Kodi) with official Kodi? The former is on Jarvis (16) the latter on Krypton (17).
At any rate both can co-exist on the same machine.
As you have posted in the t8-s section of the forum I assume you have one of the older droidboxes running android 4.4.2.
What is true is that this older version of android (which you can't update) won't run Kodi 17.
There are no real restrictions on add-ons running on Kodi 16. There are some restrictions on accessing some of the servers that add-ons get their movies etc from. I believe that Kodi "forks" like DBMC, spmc, FTMC, CEMC etc overcome this.
So to summarise, I think you are ok with DBMC 16.7 if this is what you have.

If you have one of the new droidbox models (you do say you are setting up a new machine), like the T8-SE ( letters are important) then you can get Kodi 17 from the Google play store if you don't already have it.

Gangle666

Apr 15, 2016
Thank you for getting back to me. I just posted another thread (in the build addon section) as I did not give the full info (Sorry). It's a brand new T8 SE. I think you might be right, I will check if I have the correct Jodi version and try to download an app (build) again. Once again Thank you

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Kodi.
Not Jodi. Could help when searching online.

If you click a DBMC (DroidBOX Media Centre) link, that will open.
If you click a Kodi link, that should open.
I'd be quite surprised if Kodi wasn't preinstalled on your T8 SE, so if you are currently opening DBMC, you might want to open up the list of all the Android apps installed, and click Kodi from there.