cmroao

Jan 14, 2016
can I connect my android box to my laptop to via ethernet or usb to view the root files?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
If your device is rooted you can use es file explorer to view your files, click the tools menu and enable (root mode and show hidden files)

cmroao

Jan 14, 2016
i can view the files no problem on the box but i'd like to transfer a few files from my laptop to box and was hoping for a simple drag & drop solution

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
you can use a pc to back up kodi (e.g. copying the kodi, userdata and addons folders) so i think the answer will be yes. try it and report back so others can learn.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
funnily enough my PC "sees" the kodi devices on my network although I have not been brave enough to open them up to view them. use a usb cable. or if that fails, copy the files you want to copy to a usb stick.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Just use es file explorer, goto network tab and turn on remote manager (make a note of the ftp network address and port number it shows you) goto your PC and use filezilla ftp program, input the network address and port number from earlier and leave username/password blank, click connect now transfer from box to PC and vice versa, works great this way and is how I been doing since forever, nice and easy :)

Reactions: thegazsheard