Steve Dronfield

Nov 4, 2014
Hi. I have connected my droidbox to my laptop via a USB cable, have gone into settings and ticked the USB setting to connect the box to my PC. Then nothing happens. The User manual says that the device should should go into 'USB Mode' and I should be able to turn on the USB storage. This does not appear. Any ideas please?

Steve Dronfield

Nov 4, 2014
If your PC's USB socket isn't capable of supplying enough power, it is possible you'll need to plug in the X7's power supply at the same time, can you try that? Can I also check your X7 looks something like this - https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-x7-ultimate-with-16gb-rom.html - though possibly with a different shade top to the case?
I'm sorry. It is a Q7 - not the X7. It is plugged in to the mains and plugged into my laptop visit USB and the TV via HD cable but still does not work.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, I've moved the thread into the Q7 area. I'll take my Q7 over to this PC and test it for you today, as I've not tried to connect it in USB mode before. Out of interest, what's the reason for connecting via USB, rather than using your home's network? (Just being nosey to be honest!).

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I can't find my USB to USB lead, sorry. I'll take a look through the cupboards.
In the mean time, I'd definitely use your network to copy those files.

If you have a shared area on your PC, you can use ES File Explorer to access them.
Open ES File Explorer, scroll to the right so the Network tab is on screen. Now click the New button, then select LAN. Enter in your PC's IP address, and a user name & password (if you've not set one specifically for the share, it'll probably be your Windows login user name and password). Click OK, and you'll see a new shortcut under the LAN section. Select it, and navigate around your PC's shared folder(s)/drive(s). If you've allowed read-write access you'll be able to copy or move files from your Android device to your PC.

If you prefer, you could do this in reverse, by using Samba Filesharing for Android - see the last section here - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/local-network-based-apps.101/ . This way you'll be able to access your DroidBOX's files (non-system ones) on your PC, and copy and paste them that way round instead.