ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netgear_DG834_(series)#Default_settings is your default settings,
so 192.168.0.1 should be your gateway IP address, 255.255.255.0 should be the subnet, 192.168.0.129 shouldn't be used by anything for a long time so set that as the DroidBOX's manual IP address. Either put 192.168.0.1 as the DNS, or something like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as primary and secondary.
If your X7 represents those address in a non-decimal form, let me know the format and I'll modify the addresses.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, so if a network cable that works with other devices, when plugged into your DroidBOX device doesn't result in an ethernet connection, using DHCP or manually specifying everything makes no difference, but same DroidBOX and a laptop can create a network, we need to consider trying a factory reset on the DroidBOX. We've a section/photo on the X7 here - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/
Follow the steps, and let us know if your X7 can hold a connection with the modem/router afterwards.

Gremlin

Apr 9, 2015
I'm on my second X7 this time it's the Ultimate.
My first X7 worked perfectly well over ethernet, then I updated it with the latest Wizard and now I own a brick!
My second X7 Ultimate is working well even with the new Wizard... Other than ethernet with or without a static IP
I'm a software engineer by trade and oddly enough I'm doing a lot of network code at the moment, as far as I can see the ethernet problem is a fault with the later X7's

Any chance Droidbox could get this problem fixed as I'm starting to loose patience with it!
Cheers

patrico

Aug 8, 2014
Hi sorry I have been away for a while. I just tried the above link for the recovery menu and I get the `404` Page not found alert. Can you please direct me to the correct entry. P.s. I have not tried this yet to see if it fixes my Ethernet problem.
Cheeers Pat

patrico

Aug 8, 2014
Hi sorry I have been away for a while. I just tried the above link for the recovery menu and I get the `404` Page not found alert. Can you please direct me to the correct entry. P.s. I have not tried this yet to see if it fixes my Ethernet problem.
Cheeers Pat