brianbl

Sep 16, 2020
Good afternoon!

I am a very recent and happy customer.

What I had one was simple query... I wanted to connect to the Pi via SFTP for the purposes of doing a back up of the supplied DroiX SD card as well as removing(!? *shock horror*) some of the "supplied content" for a curated selection.

I've successfully connected to wifi and followed the various online guides which mention setting locale, enabling SSH and having a visible IP address. But for some reason access is always denied when it comes to the password.

I'm just wondering if this is something that may have been set differently from the default on the base image you guys use on the SD? I was hoping to avoid going into command line crazy........ despite being quite tech savvy.

Any feedback/comments or sign posting would be appreciated.
Please feel free to DM and delete this thread if appropriate - cheers.

brianbl

Sep 16, 2020
I've managed to remote connect with the VNC and attempted to change the password via the linux terminal, it's given me a "Authentication Token Manipulation Error" I've quickly googled this and it's come up with... "The reason why passwd failed is that filesystem was mounted as read only, which prevents changing the password. "

This doesn't help me clarify if the password was ever changed from the default 'raspberry' however :/

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
No need to delete it. Your troubleshooting attempts may help many more people with similar issues in the future :)