Sally Barker

Jan 14, 2015
I have updated one X7 Ultimate to 15.2 with no problems so my friend has asked me to do hers, however when I click on the link to download the update I keep getting a pop up saying "your connection on this site is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information(for example, photos, passwords, messages and credit carts) from droidboxcloud.com." Can anyone help as at the moment I have her box with nothing on. Mine was ok and I can even access the download on my laptop so not sure what to do.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Looks like a standard google warning message. There's normally a way to override it. Look for a "continue" type button or something similar.

***are you trying this from a public wifi connection?

Sally Barker

Jan 14, 2015
no from my private home one. On my droidbox it is fine and this doesn't come up but on the one I'm updating for my friend I can get on to the droidbox website to the page where the update link is but a soon as I click the link the error message appears and there is no continue button I can see as half the screen is blacked out and I can't see what is under the message.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, make sure the time & date is correct on her box before you start to download. If not try clearing your browser"s cache.

Sally Barker

Jan 14, 2015
Hi thanks I have already tried that. I don't understand why it won't work but it must be to do with this particular box as my other was ok and I can even do it on my laptop. It seems like this device has an issue with droidboxcloud's credentials?

robit

Jun 6, 2015
I think you should try to update it at your friends address and see if it works there. I'm not sure, but it's possible that the box need to be at the same IP address it was first set-up. I had problems setting up my sons at my place. It's a shot in the dark but might worth a try.

Regards,

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Did you fix this?
Coincidentally I just got this message.
If you scroll the screen, you'll see a "continue to droidbox" type button.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Should be sorted now. Some of our domains that were only using http are now using https. This (and some required changes) caused a few hiccups with some browsers and wasn't immediately noticed. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.