finty

Apr 25, 2016
Hey guys, we recently bought an MXQ 1Gb/8Gb but have had real problems with it. Kodi freezing and TV screeching like a banshee. Seemed to get that under control with a bit of setting changes and it worked okay for a bit. Yesterday it kept crashing out of Kodi to the home screen. I cleaned the library, cache etc and it worked but halfway through a show it started flickering. Basically it seems more trouble than it's worth and quite unstable.

Would a Droidbox work on an older TV? Our main TV is a Samsung HD (not smart) which is a few years old but works perfectly.

Thanks for any replies.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Droidboxes will work with older tvs. Some older models may even have av leads if the tv has no hdmi. (check the specs). Depending on the old tvs screen resolution you have to play around a bit to get the best picture. I had a t8 connected to a 2007 vintage sony bravia.

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Thanks for your quick reply, I've gone ahead and ordered a T8. TV has HDMI so all good there.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If your TV has an HDMI socket, it should be fine. Even 720p is noticably better than the 480/576 you'll get with phono leads, and the bleeding of signals that occurs with RCA/phono output is noticeable.
[edit]

Sorry, posted without refreshing the page, hadn't seen you'd already ordered!

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Hey guys, we recently bought an MXQ 1Gb/8Gb but have
Hey guys, we recently bought an MXQ 1Gb/8Gb but have had real problems with it. Kodi freezing and TV screeching like a banshee. Seemed to get that under control with a bit of setting changes and it worked okay for a bit. Yesterday it kept crashing out of Kodi to the home screen. I cleaned the library, cache etc and it worked but halfway through a show it started flickering. Basically it seems more trouble than it's worth and quite unstable.

Would a Droidbox work on an older TV? Our main TV is a Samsung HD (not smart) which is a few years old but works perfectly.

Thanks for any replies.
Yes you can work a Droidbox with your tv you can connect it via the hdmi socket or with phono leads just remember that a lot of the live sport add-ons have gone off line and will remain off for a unspecified period of time
had real problems with it. Kodi freezing and TV screeching like a banshee. Seemed to get that under control with a bit of setting changes and it worked okay for a bit. Yesterday it kept crashing out of Kodi to the home screen. I cleaned the library, cache etc and it worked but halfway through a show it started flickering. Basically it seems more trouble than it's worth and quite unstable.

Thanks for any replies.

Thanks for any replies.

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Yes you can connect a t8 to your tv, via the HDMI socket or with phono leads but you probably had a problem with your pictures because of all the live sports add-ons going off line and staying so for an unspecified period of time