dirtspad

Mar 13, 2016
Hi everyone. I hope this is in the right area of the forum. Apologies if that's not the case. I have a t8s plus and have started to play a few games like hay day etc using a wireless mouse connected in the USB port on the side. The mouse is fine for moving around the screen and left clicking to select items in the game. The right click is used to go back and takes you out of the game back to the main home page. The wheel does nothing when scrolling up or down and pressing the wheel down has the same function as the left mouse button. Various games work the same. My issue is that as the games I'm playing are designed for touch screen devices I have no way to zoom in/out or to rotate the screen with the mouse. I bought a mini controller also from droidbox but none of the keys allow those missing functions. I am currently messing with an app that allows you to remap the keyboard on the mini controller but none of the key options are for the missing functions. It may be as the games are not designed for this that it simply isn't possible. I also play simcity buildit and have the same issue which creates selection issues as sometimes you cannot get the right angle to touch an item on the screen. It would be great if I could use the wheel to zoom in and out and press it to rotate whilst moving the mouse but I just don't know if this is possible. This is where you all jump in and give me really great news. Thanks in advance.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not come across anyone creating/using existing Zoom/Rotate functions in a game via remote control buttons. If you need to send Android commands to the DroidBOX not covered on your remote or mouse, https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/remapping-remote-control-buttons-in-android/ may help, but this is for existing Android functions/buttons rather than game specific commands.
There are no on screen controls for zoom/rotate?

One last thought, if you happen to have a USB keyboard at home, connect that (just temporarily) to your DroidBOX. Fire up one of the games you're interested in, then see if any of the QWERTY keys on the keyboard map to zoom/rotate. If they do, then the remapping post above could be used to map a remote control button to whichever key (Z, Home, Page Down, 4, # etc etc) is used in the game.

dirtspad

Mar 13, 2016
Thank you for your reply. The link you sent is actually the app I download onto my droidbox to mess with but have so far had no joy. I will connect a keyboard via USB if I have one and try to see if the keys respond in the games followed by remapping if it does not. That's where I was going with the mini keyboard but I had no joy there. I will let you know the outcome. My fear is that as these games are meant for touch screen devices like my phone that it simply doesn't register the wheel on the mouse but you would think it possible. Also there are no controls to touch on the screen. It's all finger movements. Two fingers in and out to zoom in or out etc. Fingers crossed anyway that the keyboard works. That will be a good starting point.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Because we're effectively emulating a single finger touch with an on screen cursor, and there isn't a way to have two cursors to click in unison, then slide apart (or together), not sure there is a solution to this if games don't have keys also bound to the same zoom/rotate function. If you do find a new approach, please do let us know.