franciru

Jan 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping that someone can give me some advice. I am fairly new the the TV box game and this is my first box, unfortunately this thing is sending me bonkers already. COOLEAD Q Ultra 4k from Amazon uk.

I have it hooked up to my Samsung KS7500 via HDMI and have had trouble with wifi/internet issues from turning the thing on. I have BT WiFi and have looked into the issues with Kodi around this and have switched off the smart setup and parental controls. The thing is, I don't think the issue is with Kodi in the first place as I haven't even gotten that far.

The box connects to WiFi just fine, shows as connected but there is clearly no internet as it drops it completely. When I say drops, this is on every device connected to the WiFi and I cannot use any other apps on the box, the moment I put the box into standby then the internet comes back on to all devices connected to WiFi. What's even stranger, I have now told the box to forget my WiFi connection, yet still while it is switched on, the same issues persist with the internet connection??

Very strange and sending me mad, so any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Russ

franciru

Jan 16, 2017
Googling the search term "android crashes router" returns thousands of responses so I guess you are not alone.
Here is an example. Several solutions are proposed, most point to the router as a cause. If your router is provided by BT you may want to check their support forum for similar issues and possible solutions.

http://androidforums.com/threads/wifi-conflicts-with-wireless-router.232973/
Thanks for the info Nigelar, I will have a read through and try some troubleshooting.