1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CoreELEC 9.2.1 (KODI 18.5)

Discussion in 'T8 Mini' started by sean99, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Lippy2016

Lippy2016 New Member

Hi Paolo, sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you.

Have you checked that your box model is T8SE - if you go to Settings > About.

My box shows T8SE, Version 7.1.2, Kernel version 3.14.29, Build T8SE.Nougat.20181024.V8.2.3 There are no available updates so I assume this should be the same for all T8SE boxes.

I have just started up my T8 SE > switched from CoreELEC to Android and run the terminal emulator app. typing in

cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id and pressing enter it reports p212_2gp212 which equates to the device tree image

gxl_p212_2g.dtb that I used to setup the sd card for CoreELEC. please make sure your typing is correct.

2. paolo

paolo Member

Hi Lippy, many thanks for taling time in replying.
    I will check when I get home and post back in due course.

3. sean99

sean99 Well-Known Member

Not all sd cards and usb sticks will boot C E, these need to be decent quality to achieve a booting C E image. Have tried some old ones of each have had laying around that will not work at all, its a pain when you end up trying to find the correct dtb (as I did on the a95x plus) that will work to no avail and all along it was down to the quality of the sd card or usb stick.

4. Lippy2016

Lippy2016 New Member

Good point Sean99.

Paolo,

Maybe these videos will help. Both show the same method but each has useful details. Use the pause button for each stage

You may have a different windows operating system and the current CoreELEC files are more up to date but the basic instructions still apply.

The videos are over a year old so the CoreELEC image file is newer. Use this link, (not the one in the video) https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELE...2.1/CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.1-Generic.img.gz for the latest image.

5. paolo

paolo Member

Hi Lippy,
    Ok , thanks for providing videos.
    I have attached box info details. Build is p200_2guserdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20170716 test-keys
    just in case it is not readable.
    Can someone please confirm correct device tree image to use.

Attached Files:

6. Lippy2016

Lippy2016 New Member

Hi Paolo, Ok, you don't have a T8 SE then but a T8-S Plus v2.

If you go back to first post by Sean99 he says "Copy the gxbb_p200_2gb_1Gbit.dtb for the T8 mini and T8 plus v2."

so the device tree is gxbb_p200_2gb_1Gbit.dtb

Hope it goes ok from now on.

7. paolo

paolo Member

ok Lippy, will give it another go tonight hopefully.
    Many thanks for your patience:)

8. Peter Robinson

Peter Robinson New Member

Hi guys - need some help please!!
    I have the T8 plus v2 and have installed CoreELEC as described. It works fine except that many of the keys on the remote control no longer work (menu, pause, stop, etc).
    Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

9. sean99

sean99 Well-Known Member

Need to configure individual remotes, look here:-
    http://shorturl.at/gnDK7 or else use a wireless one.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020