Lippy2016

Feb 8, 2017
Hi Paolo, sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you.

Have you checked that your box model is T8SE - if you go to Settings > About.

My box shows T8SE, Version 7.1.2, Kernel version 3.14.29, Build T8SE.Nougat.20181024.V8.2.3 There are no available updates so I assume this should be the same for all T8SE boxes.

I have just started up my T8 SE > switched from CoreELEC to Android and run the terminal emulator app. typing in

cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id and pressing enter it reports p212_2gp212 which equates to the device tree image

gxl_p212_2g.dtb that I used to setup the sd card for CoreELEC. please make sure your typing is correct.

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Hi Lippy, many thanks for taling time in replying.
I will check when I get home and post back in due course.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Not all sd cards and usb sticks will boot C E, these need to be decent quality to achieve a booting C E image. Have tried some old ones of each have had laying around that will not work at all, its a pain when you end up trying to find the correct dtb (as I did on the a95x plus) that will work to no avail and all along it was down to the quality of the sd card or usb stick.

Lippy2016

Feb 8, 2017
Good point Sean99.

Paolo,

Maybe these videos will help. Both show the same method but each has useful details. Use the pause button for each stage

You may have a different windows operating system and the current CoreELEC files are more up to date but the basic instructions still apply.

The videos are over a year old so the CoreELEC image file is newer. Use this link, (not the one in the video) https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELE...2.1/CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.1-Generic.img.gz for the latest image.

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Hi Lippy,
Ok , thanks for providing videos.
I have attached box info details. Build is p200_2guserdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20170716 test-keys
just in case it is not readable.
Can someone please confirm correct device tree image to use.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_15371_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_15371_LI.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 335

Lippy2016

Feb 8, 2017
Hi Paolo, Ok, you don't have a T8 SE then but a T8-S Plus v2.

If you go back to first post by Sean99 he says "Copy the gxbb_p200_2gb_1Gbit.dtb for the T8 mini and T8 plus v2."

so the device tree is gxbb_p200_2gb_1Gbit.dtb

Hope it goes ok from now on.

Peter Robinson

Feb 6, 2015
Hi guys - need some help please!!
I have the T8 plus v2 and have installed CoreELEC as described. It works fine except that many of the keys on the remote control no longer work (menu, pause, stop, etc).
Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi guys - need some help please!!
I have the T8 plus v2 and have installed CoreELEC as described. It works fine except that many of the keys on the remote control no longer work (menu, pause, stop, etc).
Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
Need to configure individual remotes, look here:-
http://shorturl.at/gnDK7 or else use a wireless one.

Last edited:

Dazbon

Apr 3, 2021
NOTE: This is for the Beelink GT King pro, T8 mini, T8s plus v2, Go V3.1 Projector, A95X plus and is not associated with Droix whatsoever.
This is an install guide to download and install from sdcard the latest CoreELEC system image, this will not affect the Android/ LibreElec firmware already installed on your device as you are booting an operating system from an external sdcard. When this sdcard is removed your box will boot as normal to Android/ LibreElec.

GT King pro CoreELEC image d/l:-
https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELE.../CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.2-Generic.img.gz or even better install dual boot mode android and CE on emmc internal memory. How to do that is in a few posts below.

T8 Mini, T8 plus v2 CoreELEC image d/l:-
https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELE...2.2/CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.2-Generic.img.gz can only be istalled to emmc internal memory in single boot mode wiping over android, how to in a few posts below.

Go V3.1 Projector S905X:-
https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELE...2.2/CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.2-Generic.img.gz would recommend running from sd card only on this device, also it is the latest CE test build that has the option to enhance your screen brightness during playback (is a gamechanger for this device imho) of which the stable 9.2.1 build doesn't currently have working. The next stable release will have this brightness option encorporated and I will update the f/w link.

A95X Plus and other S905x2 devices:- https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELE.../CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.2-Generic.img.gz (16gb quality usb stick needed) or even better install dual boot android and CE on emmc internal memory. How to do that is in a few posts below.

Rufus d/l link:-
Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases) - https://rufus.ie/
Sdcard 2gb and above class 10 needed.

Download the CoreELEC zip file from above and use winrar/ winzip to extract the image file on your pc, insert sdcard and format to fat32.
Install rufus or your equivalent image burning software on your pc, open rufus and navigate the input to the extracted CoreELEC image, navigate the output to your sdcard/ usb stick and burn the image. If successful, the SD card will auto name to CoreELEC and the capacity will be shown as 512MB, this is OK as there is a second (hidden) partition for CoreELEC user data.

If burned correctly navigate to your sdcard and open it, delete the dtb.img file (if it exists in there) then open device_trees folder. Copy the gxbb_p200_2gb_1Gbit.dtb for the T8 mini and T8 plus v2. For the Go V3.1 Projector copy gxl_p212_2gb.dtb and paste in root of sd card and rename it to dtb.img.

g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king_rev_a.dtb, g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king.dtb. (yes there are 2x versions of this box rev a and rev b but beelink will not admit this) and paste into the root of sdcard, rename this to dtb.img.

For the A95X Plus open device_ tree folder, copy and paste to root of a decent quality 16gb + memory stick g12a_s905x2_4g_1gb.dtb and rename it to dtb.img.

Remove your sdcard/ usb stick from pc and insert the CoreELEC prepared media into your device, to boot the system for the 1st time use the toothpick method depressing the reset button. Disconnect the power supply and hold the reset button with the toothpick (gt king pro/ go v3.1 use a paper clip or similar), reconnect the power supply and press the power button (still having the reset button depressed) wait until the CoreELEC logo appears and release the toothpick from the reset button. Your system will now boot up into CoreELEC kodi 18.6 and you will need to setup your system upon boot. You now have kodi 18.6 running on linux.
If you are going to change the skin from the default estuary skin you will not have the option to reboot to eMMc/ android, so install this zip to regain that function in any skin, also essential for dual booting:-

https://github.com/trogggy/trogggy.scripts/raw/master/script.reboottonand.zip

If you are not sure of any part of this tutorial feel free to ask.
Thanks to the devs and members at CoreELEC for this insight and an excellent firmware.
Hi, bought the wife the Beelink GT King with the 4gb Ram running CoreElec from the SD card. Wondered if this script would enable switch back to internal and, as no option on power menu within Confluence in Kodi 19? Also where would you unzip file, would it be within Kodi itself so that the option is added to menu? Sorry for the questions.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, how is the gt king running CoreElec from the sd card? Far more stable running dual boot from internal memory imho. The way back to android as far as I know in the confluence skin in CE is to switch skin back to estuary in k19 matrix. I modded a version of aeon nox silvo to include 'reboot to android' from the power menu but not sure on other skins as only use silvo.

Reactions: Dazbon

Dazbon

Apr 3, 2021
Thanks for the reply. Running OK from SD & to be honest Estuary appears to work. Initial concern about switching to Estuary was that the wife was used to Confluence & her memory is really bad & not good with change. So far all OK & the Beelink OK as she was using a Minix U1 previously & that was another change she didn't like. One thing she really is not getting on with is the remote & was wondering if the GT King has a better remote with buttons that sit slightly proud? Never used Silvo & she would probably go mad if I changed it again.