Gonzo

Dec 18, 2015
Hi

Just after a little more information. I am trying to decide between 2 VPN's IPVanish and Nordvpn and wondering people's thoughts. I am pushing towards IPVanish due to firestick compatability but have heard the speed is not great.

I will set up a router as vpn but have 2 firesticks I use when working away from home.

Second question is living in the U.K. Is it wise to select a U.K. Server if on offer to keep uk content such as iplayer etc or am I better off choosing a different location? Is it silly choosing uk location from the uk?

Cheers

Gonzo

Grace

Jun 20, 2017
I would recommend you going for NordVPN. Although i do not use it as of now, but it is a good one to go for. Since someone recommended me Astrill and also Purevpn, i switched to them. You can though make a choice between these 3

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi

Just after a little more information. I am trying to decide between 2 VPN's IPVanish and Nordvpn and wondering people's thoughts. I am pushing towards IPVanish due to firestick compatability but have heard the speed is not great.

I will set up a router as vpn but have 2 firesticks I use when working away from home.

Second question is living in the U.K. Is it wise to select a U.K. Server if on offer to keep uk content such as iplayer etc or am I better off choosing a different location? Is it silly choosing uk location from the uk?

Cheers

Gonzo
Hi

With the location selection all depend what you are trying to do.Are you interested in users privacy or primary aim would be to provide access to the geo locked content.

If both in mind and location within UK it would be normal to select another UK location while if privacy not in mind there is no need for VPN to be used at all.

On the other hand you may still want to use if you want to access specific US ,Australia & New Zealand content etc.

Regards

Grace

Jun 20, 2017
Though privacy may not be the concern, but getting the geo-locked content is a huge blessing, then you definitely need a VPN for that.

B

BarleyH

Hey, which one are you using btw? Any recommendations.

That really depends upon your usage. I can only tell you the top names of vpns which everyone uses and you can have reviews too. Check the other thread where people are talking about vpns. You'll get your info.

If you ask me, I might confuse you a little bit since I have used so many vpns and I know pro and cons of many. No vpn is perfect. Their features are somehow unique and that is why they use their unique aspects as their USPs.
For instane, Buffered will never give you IP leaks, Nord is good security wise, PureVPN has a lot of server options and provide dedicated ip to users. Likewise there are many. Can't cover them all, can't choose one. ;)