palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
hi i updated kodi to the 5 version and since then covenant not been working. it picks the sources but then says no source available??
Any one else experiencing this??

May 18, 2017
hi i updated kodi to the 5 version and since then covenant not been working. it picks the sources but then says no source available??
Any one else experiencing this??
This has been an ongoing problem for the last few days. The only way Covenant will work is to set the default action under the playback tab in settings to DIRECTORY. Setting it to AUTOPLAY or DIALOGUE will return NO STREAM AVAILABLE.

Reactions: palpatine

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
yo @david.dancey1951 that worked a treat thanks!!!
The clear providers fix doesnt work
Can you tell me is there a down side to having default playback in directory???????????

May 18, 2017
Covenant has been updated to a previous version to fix the autoplay problem. Version number should be 91.1.25. You will need to update the colossus repo to get latest version.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I'm glad this is fixed for you @david.dancey1951.
But can you check one thing which has confused me.
The latest version of Covenant is 1.1.28 (it is what I have, it is the latest in the Colossal repo and consistent with the update announced on the Ares forum on 28 October).
Where are you getting version 91.1.25 from?

May 18, 2017
I'm glad this is fixed for you @david.dancey1951.
But can you check one thing which has confused me.
The latest version of Covenant is 1.1.28 (it is what I have, it is the latest in the Colossal repo and consistent with the update announced on the Ares forum on 28 October).
Where are you getting version 91.1.25 from?
I'm using the Duff Man Build and it did an update when I launched it today. I understand what you're saying as I have searched for this update in all the repos I have and on ares as well and can't find the version I have installed. I need to know where it came from so I can sort out the box in the bedroom that my wife uses (she uses a different build to me). I'll try and get a screen shot of the info screen.

May 18, 2017
I'm using the Duff Man Build and it did an update when I launched it today. I understand what you're saying as I have searched for this update in all the repos I have and on ares as well and can't find the version I have installed. I need to know where it came from so I can sort out the box in the bedroom that my wife uses (she uses a different build to me). I'll try and get a screen shot of the info screen.
Here's the screenshot
239a089dc455dbf98eb665e80f48060d.jpg

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Reading up on this,the root cause seems to be a repeat of the api key problem previously reported in the Elysium add-on.
Eventually that was fixed by the developers.
A temporary fix for Covenant is the same as Elysium and can be found here:

http://www.ares-project-blog.com/es...ign=Feed:+AresProjectBlog+(Ares+Project+Blog)

The problem with reinstalling an older version is that if you have auto updating set on (the default) an older version may get overwritten by anything with a later version number. I am not certain of the provenance of the 91.1.25 version you have - it looks like an unofficial mod to Covenant rather than an official version. In fact,the act of deliberate!y setting a higher version number will prevent it being overwritten, even by an official Covenant fix version.

May 18, 2017
Reading up on this,the root cause seems to be a repeat of the api key problem previously reported in the Elysium add-on.
Eventually that was fixed by the developers.
A temporary fix for Covenant is the same as Elysium and can be found here:

http://www.ares-project-blog.com/es...ign=Feed:+AresProjectBlog+(Ares+Project+Blog)

The problem with reinstalling an older version is that if you have auto updating set on (the default) an older version may get overwritten by anything with a later version number. I am not certain of the provenance of the 91.1.25 version you have - it looks like an unofficial mod to Covenant rather than an official version. In fact,the act of deliberate!y setting a higher version number will prevent it being overwritten, even by an official Covenant fix version.
Found the source of this version. Its in the NTV Repo. Think it must be part of the build. Have sinced updated to 1.1.28 and set to directory. I'll live with it until it gets fixed. However it could be a good idea to stay with this setting as with EXTRA INFO setting at on it is possible to check the title of the return results are what you are looking for.