Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
DBMC 16.2.1 is the latest version advertised on the droidbox how to page so it may be worth trying that.

If you haven't done any maintenance lately worth clearing cache, packages etc (using one of the kodi maintenance tools) or clearing cache in android - apps - dbmc

CrashTestDummy

Apr 8, 2016
In a van down by the river
Yep that's the one I tried to install. It would not install over the 15.2 kodi version that it came with, signatures wrong I guess but it never said why.
I uninstalled DBMC and then tried again to put DBMC on it worked but would lock before I could even get to install by zip.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Very strange. Still you will be ok with vanilla kodi (i get my version from play store). I run that and dont have any problems.

As a matter of interest, When you say "lock before you install from zip", can you explain a bit more? Because dbmc is an android .apk file not a zip file so you wouldnt install from zip.

CrashTestDummy

Apr 8, 2016
In a van down by the river
I had already install the .apk I was using a sd card to load add ons but Kodi would lock up before system> settings>addons>install from zip.
I like vanilla kodi because you can update it by over writing and not lose any addons or settings. I would have thought I could have done that with DBMC.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Fair enough. Were you able to load Addons from zip using an sd card in vanilla Kodi? I have only used USB when loading from external sources. If that was successful, the dbmc failure may be something for the droidbox guys to look at.