Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
When I try to run programmes in the Android boot DBMC, I get the message
'error, could not find Kodi Log file'

I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled but am getting the same error.

Normal Kodi in Android and OpenELEC work fine.

I just wanted to see if DBMC was any better.

Any suggestions?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok lets break this down.
When you say trying to run programmes, do you mean "add-ons"?
If so, which Addons and what are you trying to do? Which streams are you trying to view?
There may be known errors which are causing the problem.
When you say you have "uninstalled and reinstalled it", what are you referring to?

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Ares Wizard most likely, came across this yesterday with @hushamdroidbox

The add-on looks for the Kodi log in SPMC and Kodi's data directories OK, or possibly the filenames (dbmc.log and kodi.log repsectively), however Ares doesn't pickup DBMC.log.

Issue has been reported to Ares, shouldn't be too difficult to add in dbmc.log as another file it should check for.

In the mean time, if it is very important to you to have Ares Wizard working in DBMC, there is a workaround, though not quick.

Reboot
Open up Kodi if you've not used it before, and exit it normally.
Naviagte to Kodi's data directory. Feel free to use your preferred file manager app, I use ES File Explorer.
You'll be looking for something like

/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/

If you're starting from the root of the device (in terms of navigating), it'll be something like

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/
(if you don't have that initial /sdcard/ shortcut,

However you navigate there, once you see the Kodi.log file, long click it (the file should then be ticked). Now select the COPY function in your file browser app.

Navigate to Android/data/uk.droidbox.dbmc/files/.dbmc/temp/
If you're definitely IN the "temp" directory then now select the PASTE option in your file browser.

You should now have both kodi.log and dbmc.log in Android/data/uk.droidbox.dbmc/files/.dbmc/temp/

Open up the DBMC application again and Ares Wizard now won't fail to find the log file.

Reactions: sean99

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Ares Wizard most likely, came across this yesterday with @hushamdroidbox

The add-on looks for the Kodi log in SPMC and Kodi's data directories OK, or possibly the filenames (dbmc.log and kodi.log repsectively), however Ares doesn't pickup DBMC.log.

Issue has been reported to Ares, shouldn't be too difficult to add in dbmc.log as another file it should check for.

In the mean time, if it is very important to you to have Ares Wizard working in DBMC, there is a workaround, though not quick.

Reboot
Open up Kodi if you've not used it before, and exit it normally.
Naviagte to Kodi's data directory. Feel free to use your preferred file manager app, I use ES File Explorer.
You'll be looking for something like

/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/

If you're starting from the root of the device (in terms of navigating), it'll be something like

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/
(if you don't have that initial /sdcard/ shortcut,

However you navigate there, once you see the Kodi.log file, long click it (the file should then be ticked). Now select the COPY function in your file browser app.

Navigate to Android/data/uk.droidbox.dbmc/files/.dbmc/temp/
If you're definitely IN the "temp" directory then now select the PASTE option in your file browser.

You should now have both kodi.log and dbmc.log in Android/data/uk.droidbox.dbmc/files/.dbmc/temp/

Open up the DBMC application again and Ares Wizard now won't fail to find the log file.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Thanks for your advice. It was ares wizard. I'll give it a try if the problem occurs again. I uninstalled DBMC, reinstalled and loaded the beast with no problems.

Thanks for your time in answering my problem.

As a foot note i must say how impressed I am at this forum and the members who take the time to help us new comers with problems. Very much appreciated.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
The advice worked a treat.

I renamed dbmc.log to kodi.log in system file manager. No adverse affects and now can use Ares Wizard.

Much Appreciated.

Reactions: David Savage

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
There'll be a new DBMC released soon with a dummy kodi.log file included. This will negate the need for such manual workarounds, glad you've got existing version working.

B96Mike

Jul 6, 2016
missing kodi log....my sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files folder is empty just when I thought I could fix missing kodi log error mine is still missing

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you check which version of dbmc you are running? I believe dbmc 16.3.0 fixes this. If you are running standard kodi you should not be getting the error anyway.