britott

Mar 8, 2016
Hi all, just setting up a new box and everything seems to work ok but when dbmc has been for a short while it closes down and shows a message saying unfortunately, DBMC has stopped. Any ideas guys.

Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could make sure your on the latest DBMC 16.3.0, if your not go to Droidbox Market on your box scroll down find DBMC and update it to DBMC 16.3.0 to see if that helps. Your box may have came with 16.2.1 installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Savage

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Also worth trying without a build/Wizard. If installing just a couple of add-ons manually and using them for a few days doesn't lead to the same issue, consider keeping this approach and installing add-ons you'll use.
If a plain installation with a few add-ons still does the same, we might need to take a look at the logs, let us know the results when you get a moment, please.

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Makes sence that ChrisM, I did make a backup and then used that on the new device, so I will over the weekend try a couple of addons and see how I go on.

Thanks.

playtheace

Dec 9, 2014
Having the same problems here..
Would love to use DBMC (most recent installed) but ive thrown 7 builds at it now and it continually says its stopped working.
The same builds through the normal Kodi work fine so im not sure what the problem is.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
May be an issue if you have used builds from the wookie. I recollect there was an incompatibility between dbmc and the wookie due a change introduced into the wookie . I dont know if this was ever fixed. If kodi works use that.

playtheace

Dec 9, 2014
Some builds were from ares wizard and then i decided to fresh install (getting rid of ares wizard too) and try dedicated links for certain builds and it still happened.
Spent a few hours trying it out yesterday.

Oh it constantly lost the location for the weather app too.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As I say, to avoid more Christmas angst use Kodi.
As for the weather location, it has mostly been fixed from my experience. I ignore it anyway and concentrate more on content.
With dbmc, if it is failing with builds, I would look at manually setting up the 10-15 Addons you actually use rather than the loads of Addons you get in a build that you don't use. Make a list of your favourite ones and use the Seo Michael site as a guide to set them up.

playtheace

Dec 9, 2014
Yes, you are quite right with regards to the manual setup.
Beside this box and a Shield i am "still" running a droidbox imx6 with android 4.2.2 running kodi Isengard.
I have that with very few add ons and it runs like a dream....for how much longer who knows?

I do like to play around with builds though and like to see what people can come up with.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi all, just setting up a new box and everything seems to work ok but when dbmc has been for a short while it closes down and shows a message saying unfortunately, DBMC has stopped. Any ideas guys.

Thanks all.

Hi

We are currently getting look at the problem that occurs.
Please download Kodi from google play store and use it instead for the time being until the problem gets solved.

Something that may solve the problem:Try to disable Amcodec in system > video > acceleration. need "enable" only mediacodec

Regards and have a nice day;)