Jeff 2603

Nov 25, 2014
I am attempting to instal the December Wizard update for my X7. I have:

1/. Gone to Android-Settings-Apps-XBMC and selected 'Clear Data'
2/. Opened XMBC and run the DroidBOX Wizard
3/. Run the Wizard for my device (X7)
4/. Watched the Wizard instal the update, extract the Zip files etc.

However, following installation and prior to me unplugging my device I get a message:

DISCOVERY NETWORKS - ADD-ON IS INCOMPATIBLE DUE TO UNMET DEPENDANCIES. WOULD YOU LIKE TO DISABLE IT ON YOUR SYSTEM - YES/NO

Then

ICE FILMS - ADD-ON IS INCOMPATIBLE DUE TO UNMET DEPENDANCIES. WOULD YOU LIKE TO DISABLE IT ON YOUR SYSTEM - YES/NO

Then

MOVIES HD - ADD-ON IS INCOMPATIBLE DUE TO UNMET DEPENDANCIES. WOULD YOU LIKE TO DISABLE IT ON YOUR SYSTEM - YES/NO

Then

VEVO - ADD-ON IS INCOMPATIBLE DUE TO UNMET DEPENDANCIES. WOULD YOU LIKE TO DISABLE IT ON YOUR SYSTEM - YES/NO

What should I do?

jigger

Aug 28, 2014
Hi,

Please try to follow this Tutorial video instead--

After reinstalling XBMC, Dont forget to RUN your DroidBox Wizard again by following the steps here so you get the latest updates-- https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-use-the-droidbox-wizard-add-on-in-xbmc/

If problem persists, contact [email protected] and inform them the issues you're currently having with your device and the procedures you have already undertaken. They will guide you on what you needed to do next! :rolleyes: Thanks.

Reactions: admin

Margaret

Sep 16, 2014
I am on trying this now as I have had the same problem,I will let u no if it works. Did it work for you Jeff.

Margaret

Sep 16, 2014
Reinstalled it, rerun the wizard, waited 3 mins,got the unmet dependancy messages,unplugged it,switched it bk on and now I have a black screen. Please help.:(

Jeff 2603

Nov 25, 2014
I didn't try it as the recovery Directory shown on the video didn't exist on my system so I thought it better not to bother. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able recover my system after such a dramatic change - unfortunately as you may have found :(

It's all very confusing - it appears that the best way to see if the update has worked is if the XMBC section ( Movies, System, Live TV etc) background images have changed. All I know is that the background image on the DroidBOX Blog that notifies us of the update is not the same one as I see following installing the update - so, I guess that the update failed

Margaret

Sep 16, 2014
Well got up this morning and still a black screen. Did you sort yours out Jeff,if so how. Just got a message saying this box is not available, all I want for Xmas is my Xbmc.:(

Margaret

Sep 16, 2014
Back on the original Xbmc page,error script failed messages one after the other,a message about navi x,and telling me each add on that is incompatible. Someone help.

Jeff 2603

Nov 25, 2014
Sorry all - I assumed that the screen shot on the December update notification indicated the correct background image following a successful update - but I was obviously wrong.

The December update states that it adds new add-ons 'Phoenix' etc. and also 'File Manager' to the System Bar - I do now have these so the update did work - it was the fact that the background images didn't change that was confusing me - these background images obviously remain the same as those set by the October update.