Frednurke

Jan 7, 2021
Anyone have any idea as to how to change the default video player on a Beelink King Pro box because it seems to use an app called Movie Player which I don't like.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Is there either a Default Apps area nestled away somewhere in Settings, or if you head to the Apps section, then click on Movie Player, can you remove the default status there?

Frednurke

Jan 7, 2021
Unfortunately it's no to both suggestions. Can find nothing in Settings to achieve whst I'm looking to do. Very frustrating.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Have you tried installing any other media player? You might be able to change the default upon starting them up or opening a media file.

Frednurke

Jan 7, 2021
Have you tried installing any other media player? You might be able to change the default upon starting them up or opening a media file.
I have a few media player apps and they will all play video files as necessary. However, I have to open a file explorer app, choose video location, select a video and then select a player. This is a faff!. I noticed on the desktop of my Beelink that there was a link to open media files which is great and it shows all locations where I have media files stored. So far so good. It is then when I select a video file to play that it immediately plays with the default player which is what Ive been trying to change and doesn't give the option to choose a specific player. Guess I'll have to live with it!