jon day

Jul 24, 2015
Sorry for what is a basic question but I am new to my droid box but how do you delete unwanted apps/add ons - I have found the command for deleting in the downloads section but can't seem to highlight the apps to then delete them. I am using a i8 remote

Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
For apps, go to the android settings app then select the apps menu item. Open the apps list and click on the app you wish to delete. You should see an uninstall button. Note some apps cannot be deleted as they are integral to android. For addons you will have to open kodi. Go to the system menu, then select system - addons from the menu - enabled addons. Select the addon you want uninstall and press the uninstall button.

Reactions: David Savage

jon day

Jul 24, 2015
Cheers will give it a go once I can wrestle it away from my wife who is catching up on soaps

jon day

Jul 24, 2015
For apps, go to the android settings app then select the apps menu item. Open the apps list and click on the app you wish to delete. You should see an uninstall button. Note some apps cannot be deleted as they are integral to android. For addons you will have to open kodi. Go to the system menu, then select system - addons from the menu - enabled addons. Select the addon you want uninstall and press the uninstall button.

Thanks done now - much appreciated

Reactions: ChrisM

Joereeves

Jan 19, 2017

I also have a pretty basic question... how can I tell what app I can Uninstal that won't ruin the playability of showbox kodi etc...
Thanks

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Showbox and kodi are standalone apps and don't require any other apps for them to run, although some kodi addons do use acestream engine and you could use a vpn to protect your viewing/browsing needs.
Just do not uninstall super su as that is the app what gives you root access, ota updates (for any future firmware updates on your box)mx player, es file explorer, droidbox share, droidbox market, droidbox control centre and google play store.