Richard Kershaw

Apr 6, 2020
I've had an x96 max for some time. Cracking device yet I cannot keep it in standby mode as it will randomly boot up.
Most often straight after putting into standby.
I've ruled out other remotes as I have sat and watched it with nothing being pressed.
It's hard wired into my router and has a usb hard drive drawing power directly from it.
Hdmi is plugged into an amp as are all my devices.
Any thoughts other than keep pulling the power cord out?

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Hi Richard,
Unfortunately the USB drive might be the cause of the devices restarting. X96 come with 5V 2A power supplies which is 10W of energy.
2.5 HDD consume o.7 to 3W energy, SoC also requries 5-8W and if there is a spike in load the device may reboot.
We would advice using SSD instead or get the 2.5 SATA HDD to USB convertor with an external power source. See the link above.
sata1.jpg

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I don't own one of these, but could you look in your TV's manual, and check if there is a way to turn off/disable CEC please? If there is, try that option, reboot the TV, reconnect the x96 max.

Meohmy

Jun 2, 2021
I have the H96 Max + which does exactly the same and cec on my LG tv is definitely disabled, also nothing is connected. Connecting it to a 12 year old Sony t.v and it doesn't happen with the main difference between the 2 t.v's is that the Sony is not a 'smart tv'. I am going to try putting Aidans image on the box when I get back off holiday to see if I still get the same problem. He has just released his v8 image port from a Mi Box which is fast and stable.